Your ideal class

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you were given the opportunity to plan a one & a half hour class in which you were a participant, not the instructor, what you do in that time? The other asumption is that the person leading the class is a very capable instructor, so there are no worries there.

Would do basics, forms, sparring, Jump spinning kicks, paddles, bags? I'd love to hear what your ideal class would be like. I'll add mine in a bit.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL Freep. My ideal class would be basics, forms, self defense, one steps, kicking drills (paddles and air shields, then bags) ... Ok ok, I'm a technique geek. I'm not big on sparring, but a few sparring combo things would be cool.

wynnema

Orange Belt
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
LOL Freep. My ideal class would be basics, forms, self defense, one steps, kicking drills (paddles and air shields, then bags) ... Ok ok, I'm a technique geek. I'm not big on sparring, but a few sparring combo things would be cool.

so pretty much a normal class - wow exciting.

I would like a class that focused on the more difficult jump/spinning kicks. Really spend the time on perfecting them, especially with the least used leg.

ajs1976

Purple Belt
Reaction score
- Bow in
- Warm up
- Stretch
- Kick drills and combo (including hand tech.)
- Review a couple of forms (take one of the forms and work on application)
- Practice one-steps and hoshinsul (start to include restistance and a non-cooperative partner)
- Conditioning drills (the kind that make you soar the next day)
- Bow out
- Crawl to changing room

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think some full contact techniques (including ground fighting) with gear would be great. Ideally the class would be all peers and the level of intensity was high, but contolled.

Latest Discussions