You wake up tomorrow morning and its your 18th birthday again.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You wake up tomorrow morning and its your 18th birthday again. What advice would you give to yourself on what you should do, not do, mistakes to avoid, risks you should be willing to take. etc. What would be your best words of wisdom you would give yourself?

It all depends on if I know then, what I know now...if I do know......then there is a major conundrum.....and possibly major changes.... If I know what I knew at 18.....well....same thing just many MANY years later

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I took a look at my response and my answer is still the same. Awesome. The only thing I would like to add is. I'll see some of you dudes in the ring. lol.

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
2239980.jpg

Jeff Winston was 43 and trapped in a tepid marriage and a dead-end job, waiting for that time when he could be truly happy, then he died.

And when he woke and he was 18 again, with all his memories of the next 25 years intact. He could live his life again, avoiding the mistakes, making money from his knowledge of the future, seeking happiness.

Until he dies at 43 and wakes up back in college again...

Last edited:

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
If it were along the lines of totally living a different life, I would tell my 18 year old self to skip college, go into the military, or trade school, see how life developed from there. I'm guessing I wouldn't have left NY for Colorado. I wouldn't have met my wife and raised my step daughter. But if I didn't want to interrupt the timeline too much, I'd probably just tell that 18 year old to spend less time in front of a screen, and more time outside.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
2239980.jpg

Jeff Winston was 43 and trapped in a tepid marriage and a dead-end job, waiting for that time when he could be truly happy, then he died.

And when he woke and he was 18 again, with all his memories of the next 25 years intact. He could live his life again, avoiding the mistakes, making money from his knowledge of the future, seeking happiness.

Until he dies at 43 and wakes up back in college again...
One of my favorite stories (book) of all time. Just a fun read. EDIT. To this day I even remember the name of the horse he bet on in in the Derby

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd say...

When you're invited to train in Isshinryu with Master Angi Uezu while living on Okinawa, in 1983, say yes.

Be nicer, you clotbrain. About everything. Quit wrecking lives.

Microsoft stock. Buy it.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wake up tomorrow morning and its your 18th birthday again. What advice would you give to yourself on what you should do, not do, mistakes to avoid, risks you should be willing to take. etc. What would be your best words of wisdom you would give yourself?
Live strictly by the maxim, ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you’.

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The household with 2.5 children born in-wedlock to the same married couple living in a house in the suburbs surrounded by white picket fences? It's not the 1950's anymore. That's a blue pill fantasy now. Do not chase it.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want to wake up being 18 again.
Although.....
I didn't want to either. Had been the 2nd spare tire for the 1st girl that I met in my life. Don't want to go through that again. Never assumed that for a girl to date 3 boyfriends at the same time was the right thing to do. It was so funny. After I (boy #3) left that girl. That girl engaged with boy #2. A week later, she married to boy #1. I assume to have 3 options is always better than to have just 1 option.

Last edited:

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions