You Know You're Getting Older When...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you used the word yuppie more than once in a while, man they where every place

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also when the toy of the season was the cabbage patch kids and they where the first to be sold for buckoo bucks

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your first color TV was a piece of tri color plastic, blue on top, orange in the middle and green on the bottom.

Along those same lines, you used to put the plastic screen on the TV to help Winky Dink.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your first color TV was a piece of tri color plastic, blue on top, orange in the middle and green on the bottom.

Along those same lines, you used to put the plastic screen on the TV to help Winky Dink.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This is one that I have mentioned before and everybody else looked at me like I needed a rubber room. Even people my own age, I was beginning to think it was just a really vivid (although strangly colored) dream.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you hear the song Kung Fu fighting and can remember when it was a hit not just a piece of nastalga

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know I'm getting older because tomorrow is my birthday ;)

OP
J

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When you hear the song Kung Fu fighting and can remember when it was a hit not just a piece of nastalga

That was popular about the time my parents enrolled us in Judo! Classmates at school wanted to see me do a karate chop, lol.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This is one that I have mentioned before and everybody else looked at me like I needed a rubber room. Even people my own age, I was beginning to think it was just a really vivid (although strangly colored) dream.

Glad I could help, on the other hand, you're a martial artist, you've spent years paying people to beat on you, you've abused your body, been injured and come back for more, as we all have. Maybe a nice comfortable rubber room is just the thing for people like us:boing1:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
When the same youngest child asks how old you are and you tell them and they say, "that is really, really old."

My 4 year old asked me what color dinosaures really were. He knew they were around long ago, and assumed I must have been there. :vu:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My 4 year old asked me what color dinosaures really were. He knew they were around long ago, and assumed I must have been there. :vu:

LOL..:rofl:

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What got me recently was seeing that the kids in Japan are getting exicted about the newest craze- Rubix's cube.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What got me recently was seeing that the kids in Japan are getting exicted about the newest craze- Rubix's cube.

Rubix's cube...I NEVER did figure it out..Do you remember the "Instant Insanity" blocks??? Same principal as Rubix's except the blocks were not attached...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score

I loved my Rubix's Cube, it about exploded into a shower of little pieces when I blasted it with my .44 Mag. (true story). I hated those things, think I got 3 sides once.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I loved my Rubix's Cube, it about exploded into a shower of little pieces when I blasted it with my .44 Mag. (true story). I hated those things, think I got 3 sides once.

I should have done that..Mine got smashed with a sledgehammer..