Yesterday, I performed 500 pushups in under 20 minutes

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday was a good day for me. In just a month or so I managed to achieve one of my two ultimate goals: to perform 500 pushups in under 25 minutes. I am extremely proud of this and wanted to share it with you guys. My other goal is to perform 100 pushups in 60 seconds. Yesterday, for my very first set I performed 75 pushups, breaking my personal record of 73 which I set years ago at body weight 10kg lighter. I managed 100 in 1 minute and 37 seconds. I managed to do this just after being overwhelmed by emotion from an upcoming competition. I prayed to God for strength and courage and voiced my fear; I broke down crying for a bit then did my daily pushups.

bluepanther

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear how the push-ups have affected your physique. Have you just gotten stronger in chest, shoulders, triceps, or is there a noticeable hypertrophic gain as well?

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear how the push-ups have affected your physique. Have you just gotten stronger in chest, shoulders, triceps, or is there a noticeable hypertrophic gain as well?
I would say the hypertrophy is there, but only very, very slightly. Then again it's only been a month. My triceps feel stronger though, and my chest definitely doesn't get sore from lactic acid buildup as quickly as it used to. Even though I take very short breaks in between sets and failures, I manage to do my pushups in consistent pushup sets of 20-30.

screamingskull

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday was a good day for me. In just a month or so I managed to achieve one of my two ultimate goals: to perform 500 pushups in under 25 minutes. I am extremely proud of this and wanted to share it with you guys. My other goal is to perform 100 pushups in 60 seconds. Yesterday, for my very first set I performed 75 pushups, breaking my personal record of 73 which I set years ago at body weight 10kg lighter. I managed 100 in 1 minute and 37 seconds. I managed to do this just after being overwhelmed by emotion from an upcoming competition. I prayed to God for strength and courage and voiced my fear; I broke down crying for a bit then did my daily pushups.
why? what is the purpose of this ??

screamingskull

Orange Belt
Reaction score
strength & staminia are important but training your tendons are too.
the answer is both slow & fast twitch muscle fibres training.
Maybe when i get time i will try to explain this to some on here with their training systems from china :rolleyes:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well done brother, that's awesome. Appreciate your vulnerability too, that's also immense strength :)

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree.

1700667239454.png

screamingskull

Orange Belt
Reaction score
As the altitude changes, the density of gases and the proportions of gases changes.
These mask do not simulate changing altitude.
The only thing they simulate is breathing through a narrow tube.
bro ..get the S6 it is a lung blaster particularly going over a 6 foot wall.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
bro..get one of these training masks that simulate altitude
No such thing. Altitude results in changes to the partial pressures of the gases you're breathing, affecting perfusion of those gases to and from the lungs and blood.
Those masks restrict airway size. That simulates having an asthma attack.
Those masks are idiotic.

screamingskull

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No such thing. Altitude results in changes to the partial pressures of the gases you're breathing, affecting perfusion of those gases to and from the lungs and blood.
Those masks restrict airway size. That simulates having an asthma attack.
Those masks are idiotic.
OK so making army recruits run wearing a mask is idiotic.
They will never do this in hot areas or extreme cold & have to get out of breath.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

screamingskull

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes. It is. The military does lots of stupid things.
ok if you are in a chemical eviroment and you need to do a section attack what do you do?
should you do as you wrote "do stupid things" like teaching recruits how it feels to sweat & control your breathing & not panic?

Jon-Bhoy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Full on range of motion pushups? Or half rep pushups?

Latest Discussions