Yes.... TKD has them

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can people stop using Cain and Abel as examples of martial arts, they're not real. I don't care if it's meant to be figurative or not, just say primitive humans..

How do you know? Were you there? You're 18... you need to open your eyes a tad more & take it for what was meant, not the labels used.

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How do you know? Were you there? You're 18... you need to open your eyes a tad more & take it for what was meant, not the labels used.

So on one hand you say that I shouldn't be doubting that I haven't seen, then go to say that it was just labels, and I shouldn't be taking it literally? Make up your mind. Just because I don't believe in fairies or those two doesn't mean that you need to get defensive.

Maybe you should take what I meant, out of what I said. Which I believe to be quite easy to grasp. I mentioned that they might not have been being used literally, but that I object to their use.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*oiy* Youth of today...

So on one hand you say that I shouldn't be doubting that I haven't seen, then go to say that it was just labels, and I shouldn't be taking it literally? Make up your mind. Just because I don't believe in fairies or those two doesn't mean that you need to get defensive.

The story of Cain v Abel can be found in almost every religion today, in some version or form. I used that one because I'm from a Judeo-Christian background. Is that offensive to you if I use what I was familiar with?

Maybe you should take what I meant, out of what I said. Which I believe to be quite easy to grasp. I mentioned that they might not have been being used literally, but that I object to their use.

Are you so offended by the use of a common theme/topic/character choice because of the religious base or unproven status?

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The story of Cain v Abel can be found in almost every religion today, in some version or form. I used that one because I'm from a Judeo-Christian background. Is that offensive to you if I use what I was familiar with?

Are you so offended by the use of a common theme/topic/character choice because of the religious base or unproven status?

I am not offended, I just find it irritating that so many discussions have to be bogged down by talk of unfounded ideas (btw religious base and unproven, are the same thing generally speaking,) when it can be said concisely and more informatively without the use of those ideas.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not offended, I just find it irritating that so many discussions have to be bogged down by talk of unfounded ideas (btw religious base and unproven, are the same thing generally speaking,) when it can be said concisely and more informatively without the use of those ideas.

You need to be less irritated by thing like this at your age & go enjoy being your age.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the last replies to this post are out of contest, please adhere to the first post made by myself, the post is about TKD technikes no longer taught in the dojans.

I don't wana know witch MA was first or wich one is the oldest, don't wana read about religius cognotations, please adhere to the main post and period.

Manny

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Manny, pick up a copy of 'Tae Kwon Do' by Richard Chun, and compare to your current curriculum. You'll find many things missing from today's TKD (or your version etc).

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny, pick up a copy of 'Tae Kwon Do' by Richard Chun, and compare to your current curriculum. You'll find many things missing from today's TKD (or your version etc).

Thanx. I had the book you mentioned, sadly wife took to trash... jezz I almost asked divorce jajajajajaja. Yes that book was a good one.

Manny

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Before the Japanese occupation of Korea there were Korean arts that were unique to Korea and were not Japanese influenced. TKD today is a blend of that plus what the Japanese brought to Korea.

No, the term Taekwondo was not a term pre 1950's but you must keep things in context. Taekwondo is not pure Karate and is much more dynamic. Yes you can see the karate flavor but TKD and Karate are not one and the same, Pre or Post Japanese influence.

Errant is someone who I would consider an authority on KMAs, and there is nothing in TKD that can be traced back to Taekyun or Soobhak. The originators just tweaked the Shotokan that they learned and then claimed that TKD is 2000 years old.

Good to see you come out of Bullshido every once in awhile Auslander. :)

Latest Discussions