Yankees Suck

OP
P

pknox

Originally posted by kenpo3631
All I can say is...

BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.....LOL!

I don't know about that. The Marlins actually looked pretty good last night. Even though they lost the lead late, they didn't lose any focus, which led them to a pretty exciting comeback. With the series all tied up at 2 apiece, I wouldn't be counting those chickens just yet...

OP
E

Elfan

I'm actually finding myself rooting for the marlins cause they are a cool underdog, not just against the Yankees cause they suck.

OP
K

Kroy

How can you say the Yankees suck? They are in the World Series and to me that says that they dont suck. Maybe you should say something like "I hate the Yankees cause my team sucks and the Yankees win too much":rolleyes:

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by Kroy
How can you say the Yankees suck?

You are right, its much better the chant or shout then just say.

OP
E

Elfan

By "on top" I take it you mean facing elimination in game 6? ;-)

Arthur

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It has been said:
How can you say the Yankees suck?

Well there are many different definitions for a word.
People get confused when Sox fans begin their chant "yankees suck"...

Yet they all are known to think the IRS "sucks". Its the same thing... not a performance issue... but a life issue. The IRS sucks, growing old sucks... and of course the Yankees suck!

That said, a friend of mine (Erich on this board) sent me an email the other day. It's from a Cubs fan, but I think it says a lot about the way people in Boston feel too.

From the New York Times, an inspiring letter to the editor from a cubs fan. you may relate.
-------------------------------
To the Editor:

Re "Walking It Off," by Bob Greene (Op-Ed, Oct. 18):

Having grown up in the Bronx a few miles from Yankee Stadium, but living now a few minutes' walk from Wrigley Field, I must disagree with Mr. Greene's statement that "nobody lost" in Chicago and that what happened "is not irretrievably melancholy."

To deny the reality of loss is to miss the lesson of the Cubs. If a consumer product, scientific theory or political party consistently failed for 95 years, how many adherents would it retain? Yet millions of people around the world adhere to the Chicago Cubs.

To walk into Wrigley Field is to know that life inevitably means loss, that even the sunniest day has its shadows and ends in darkness, but that to persist and never surrender, even in the face of irretrievable melancholy, is heroic.

The question must be asked: Do the Yankees teach us any lesson as profound?

STUART ALTSCHULER
Chicago, Oct. 18, 2003

Further more when a Boston fan sees the battle with the Yankees coming, whether the battle of a single gamne or the season long battle for the whole enchilada, they see a metaphor. they see the metaphor the little guy against the corporate machine, of hard work against bought loyalty, of fair play against assisted outcome.

When the Yankees win its one more indication that individualism and personal work ethic are dying.

So yes the Yankees suck, because being dominated by someone bigger and richer than you... frankly sucks.

Arthur

OP
K

KanoLives

Originally posted by Arthur
It has been said:

Well there are many different definitions for a word.
People get confused when Sox fans begin their chant "yankees suck"...

Yet they all are known to think the IRS "sucks". Its the same thing... not a performance issue... but a life issue. The IRS sucks, growing old sucks... and of course the Yankees suck!

That said, a friend of mine (Erich on this board) sent me an email the other day. It's from a Cubs fan, but I think it says a lot about the way people in Boston feel too.

Further more when a Boston fan sees the battle with the Yankees coming, whether the battle of a single gamne or the season long battle for the whole enchilada, they see a metaphor. they see the metaphor the little guy against the corporate machine, of hard work against bought loyalty, of fair play against assisted outcome.

When the Yankees win its one more indication that individualism and personal work ethic are dying.

So yes the Yankees suck, because being dominated by someone bigger and richer than you... frankly sucks.

Arthur

Amen to that. :)

Arthur

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Where is your team?:wah:
:D Theeeeeee Yankees lose! Rekon the Sox are further along the way to being recovered, and preparing to kick Yankee but next year, that's where they are. :)

Arthur

OP
P

pknox

Congratulations to all the Marlins fans out there!

OP
K

Kroy

Originally posted by Arthur
:D Theeeeeee Yankees lose! Rekon the Sox are further along the way to being recovered, and preparing to kick Yankee but next year, that's where they are. :)

Arthur

In your dreams Arty Boy, you'll be an old man before the socks see the World Series.
But on a humble note, Congrats to the Marlins!! They played one hell of a series.

OP
R

RCastillo

Baseball bites anyway......................bring on Kenpo!:)

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who's your daddy?

Attachments

• $BOSTONREDSOXTONEWYORKYAN.doc
    33 KB · Views: 110