Las Vegas Reasearch

C

clapping_tiger

My wife and I are thinking about moving to the Las Vegas area. Is there anyone on this board who can answer a few questions for me. I could ( and I will) do reasearch on the internet on these questions, but I would rather get them from someone living in the area insetead of reading statistics.

How is the job market? How high is the cost of living? What does the average home cost? 2-3 Bedroom Apartment? Overall Quality of living?

Those are the major ones for me now. Any other insight would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.:asian:

OP
C

clapping_tiger

And it was also rated the 8th most Haunted City in America. So I have an abundunce of horny guys and ghosts, maybe I should reconsider my choices......................

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
A recent new story cited Las Vegas for the high proportion of single males.
And a whole hell of a lot of prostitutes.(ha ha)
Hey don't forget to train at the Kenpo 2000 school in vegas. I'll post the name here in a minute.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Touch'O'Death
And a whole hell of a lot of prostitutes.(ha ha)
Hey don't forget to train at the Kenpo 2000 school in vegas. I'll post the name here in a minute.
Kurt Booth, John Monseratt, and Kosy P the number is (702) 435-8977. I don't have the name of the school handy.

OP
P

pknox

I don't know much about the general job market, but I do know they are dying for teachers out there, mostly due to a pretty significant growth in population the last few years. They've even gone so far as to advertise in the New Jersey papers, as a lot of east coasters tend to move there for some reason or another. I'd go there myself if it weren't for the fact that it feels like it's 28,000 degrees there in the summer. Luckily, in the winter, it goes down to like 10,000. :rolleyes:

Here's an article about the supposed "best neighborhoods" in LV:

http://money.cnn.com/2002/11/08/pf/yourhome/bplive_lasvegas/index.htm

And here's some general cost of living info:

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/details/LASVE_NV.html

Evidently it costs just a little bit above average (compared to the nation as a whole) to live there. Average would be 100.0, and LV comes in at 105.1. For comparison's sake, Green Bay is 97.0, Milwaukee is 107.5, and Chicago is 121.6, according to the following site:

http://radon.eecs.berkeley.edu/~hhuang/info/COL.html

I'll bet their brats aren't nearly as good, though. ;)

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by arnisador
What prompts the move, if I may ask?

We live in a small town and we are just not making it here. My wife went to school for Massage Therapy and Therapeutic Bodywork and graduated from a pretty well respected Massage School. Our town is just too "small town" and people just do not see a need for, or don't want a real massage. Even though she currently works at a spa. She only has a few appointments a week. With all the resorts and spas in the Las Vegas area we feel it would be worth the shot. I want to get into security or bodyguard work and we figured that that area may be one of the best for us. The atmosphere, city size, and climate are what we are looking for, getting sick of Snow in the winter and VERY humid summers.

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Pnox, Thanks for the Info Links. If/when we do move I will surely be bringing a stockpile, plus my family lives here so they can send some whenever I want, I do love brats that's for sure. I just bought some yesterday and plan on grillin them up this week.