WW2 combat techniques...

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm lookin for info on WW2 fighting techinques,namely knife fighting.
I was told there was a guy here in the UK named Dennis Martin who teaches,but no luck so far.
If anyone can lead me in the right direction for ANY info on the subject...I would be greatful.

Thanks,

D

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most of the 'knife fighting' stuff you will find in any period of military application will not be 'fighting' so much as 'sentry take out/quick kill....' type of arts. It will be a section of a military manual on hand to hand or something along those lines.

It isn't going to be fancy or sophisticated (relative to other knife training such as FMA's and such) but it will be direct and quick to learn.....but will take some serious stomachous steelius to actually pull off.

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think all the american and british armys was the beyonet stab-twist-pull.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
.....or testicular fortitude?!
After a good boot to the groin they could be one in the same.

Somewhere around my storage unit I have my old USMC NCO non-resident training course books. In there is a section on military knife techniques. If I can find them I'll scan them and e-mail them to you. They aren't WWII but they are from the cold war era and techniques didn't really start to change until the last 5 years or so. Good luck in your search.

OP
Bammx2

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
After a good boot to the groin they could be one in the same.

Somewhere around my storage unit I have my old USMC NCO non-resident training course books. In there is a section on military knife techniques. If I can find them I'll scan them and e-mail them to you. They aren't WWII but they are from the cold war era and techniques didn't really start to change until the last 5 years or so. Good luck in your search.
Much thanks for that!
I look forward to the read!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Thank-you for sharing "Mr. Tgace" I Really enjoy the reading and looking at the pictures of combat. Things haven change much huh? ....Aloha

Latest Discussions