Wtmu?

hungryninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anyone else receive a letter from World Taekwondo Masters Union (aka USA Kukkiwon Masters Union)? Is this a new organization?

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Got an email last weekend, not a letter. No idea who they are. Never heard of them prior to this.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
curious to know, since this is KH Kim, USTC Treasurer, does this mean the USTC is involved? or did he step out and do his own thing utilizing the USTC mailing list?

Seems like a conflict of interest to start a World KKW masters Union, if he is doing so solo and yet still a part of the USTC who is currently trying to resolve the USKKW issue.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
can someone post the email
just your typical sales pitch. You know, the "ONCE IN A LIFE TIME SPECIAL TEST" thats offered every other month by a different group each time...

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...GUwPj7rwyzVMmYNXFTeNXvgtKP3S71-gvx1dOZdgrnQ==

289.jpg

SPECIAL PROMOTION TEST
September 9, 2011

KUKKIWON Special Black Belt Promotion Test​
To provide a venue for eligible Taekwondo practioners to obtain Kukkiwon Dan certification and further the teachings of our beloved martial art, World Taekwondo Masters Union is hosting a Kukkiwon Special Promotion Test next month, here in the United States. Those eligible to test for 3rd Dan or higher, up to the 9th Dan, should study the following Guidelines and fill out the appropriate attached forms. Skip Dan Test is also available.

Guidelines for Kukkiwon Special Promotion Test
I. Schedule and Location
  • POOMSAE SEMINAR: October 28, 2011 (Friday), 1:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. to October 29, 2011 (Saturday), 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. SPECIAL PROMOTION TEST: October 30, 2011 (Sunday), 10:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
  • Location & Venue: Chicago, IL
II. Qualification
  • Individuals who currently hold Kukkiwon Dan Certificate: If you have the Kukkiwon certificate, but for various reasons have not tested for many years, you may attempt to advance your rank. However, minimum time and age are required for the promotion test. (See the Table below)
  • Individuals who hold non-Kukkiwon Dan certificate (National/Kwan/private): If you do not have the Kukkiwon certificate, but have another Taekwondo Dan certificate, you may apply to test for the equivalent rank of the non-Kukkiwon Dan certificate. However, non-Kukkiwon certificate should be issued on year 2010 or before.
Poom/Dan
Minimum time required
Age limits
1[SUP]st[/SUP] to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Dan
1 year
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] to 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Dan
2 year
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] to 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
3 year
21 years and older
4[SUP]th[/SUP] to 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
4 year
25 years and older
5[SUP]th[/SUP] to 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
5 year
35 years and older
6[SUP]th[/SUP] to 7[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
6 year
41 years and older
7[SUP]th[/SUP] to 8[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
8 year
51 years and older
8[SUP]th[/SUP] to 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
9 year
59 years and older

III. Registration Fee
  • Regular Promotion Test Applicant shall pay the following Dan Fee: 1st Dan - $70/2nd Dan - $90/3rd Dan - $120/4th Dan - $150 5th Dan - $300/6th Dan - $350/7th Dan - $450
  • Special Promotion Test Applicant must pay 100% of each Dan.
IV. How to Apply​
  • Documents to be submitted:
    1. Kukkiwon Application Form WTMU Membership Form Skip Dan Application Form A copy of non-Kukkiwon Dan certificate if applicable A copy of residence document, if applicant is not a U.S. citizen A copy of Driver's License, if applicant has a non-Kukkiwon certificate
    2. Submit Cashier's Check or Money Order payable to WTMU
  • Application Period: September 10, 2011- October 15, 2011
  • Postal Mail and Contacts:
World Taekwondo Masters Union
Attn: Ki Hong Kim, Secretary General
3141 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062
Tel: (847) 480-9224
Fax: (847) 480-9255
Email: [email protected] World Taekwondo Headquarters KukkiwonAttn: Mr. Jae-Won Kang, Section Chief- Oversea Pan-AmTel: 82-2-3469-0151Email: [email protected] IV. Announcement of Qualified Applicant: October 22, 2011 V. How to Take the Special Test
  • The Special Test for 3rd to 7th Dan will be connducted by Kukkiwon
  • The Special Test for 8th and 9th Dan will be conducted by Kukkiwon at the Kukkiwon Headquarters, South Korea.
Poom/Dan
Appointed
Compulsory
3rd Dan
Taegeuk 1-8, Koryo - 1 appointed
Keumkang
4th Dan
Koryo, Keumkang - 1 appointed
Taebaek
5th Dan
Koryo, Keumkang, Taebaek - 1 appointed
Pyongwon
6th Dan
Taebaek, Pyongwon, Sipjin - 1 appointed
Jitae
7th Dan
Pyongwon, Sipjin, Jitae - 1 appointed
Cheonkwon

Guidelines for Kukkiwon 8th & 9th Dan Promotion Test
in Pan-Am Region
I. Schedule and Location
  • PROMOTION TEST: October 29, 2011 (Saturday), 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. (Subject to cancellation- depending on the number of applicants)
II. Qualification
  • Minimum time and age required.

Dan
Minimum Required Time
Age Limits
by this date
7[SUP]th[/SUP] to 8[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
8 years
44 years and older
2011 December
8[SUP]th[/SUP] to 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
9 years
53 years and older
2011 December
  • Documents to be submitted:
    1. Kukkiwon Application Form WTMU Membership Form Taekwondo Resume and Cover Letter A copy of residence document, if applicant is not a U.S. citizen
    2. Thesis - (Not less than 10 pages of A4 size paper) 8[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan- "Any subject concerning Taekwondo"; 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan- "My Taekwondo Life"
    3. Registration Fee: 8th Dan- $550; 9th Dan- $700.
III. Poomsae for practical test
Poomsae
Appointed
Compulsory
8[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
1 appointed Sipjin, Jitae, Cheonkwon
Hansoo
9[SUP]th[/SUP] Dan
1 appointed Sipjin, Jitae, Cheonkwon, Hansoo
Illyo

IV. Application Period: September 1, 2011- October 15, 2011
  • Postal Mail and Contacts:
World Taekwondo Masters Union
Attn: Ki Hong Kim, Secretary General
3141 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062
Tel: (847) 480-9224
Fax: (847) 480-9255
World Taekwondo Headquarters Kukkiwon
Attn: Jae-Won Kang, Section Chief- Oversea Pan-Am
Tel: 82-2-3469-0151
Email: [email protected]

PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO DOWNLOAD THE FORMS:
  1. Kukkiwon Dan Application Form World Taekwondo Masters Union Membership Form
  2. Kukkiwon Skip Dan Application Form

PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE WORLD TAEKWONDO MASTERS UNION MEMBER INFORMATION:
WTMU​

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WORLD TAEKWONDO MASTERS UNION /​
[FONT=Malgun Gothic,Malgun Gothic][FONT=Malgun Gothic,Malgun Gothic]세계 태권도 지도자 연맹
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]HEADQUARTERS 931 E. Ogden Avenue, Suite 111&115, Naperville, IL. 60563 Tel. (630)717-1313 E-mail: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][email protected] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]September 2011
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Dear Friends and Members of our Taekwondo Family,
I am writing to you today to introduce the WTMU, myself and my new position. I am the new President of the World Taekwondo Masters Union (WTMU). Kukkiwon has granted the WTMU full authority to accept and process Dan advancement and certification in the United States of America.
This organization was formed with my firm determination to build an improved and brighter future for Tae Kwon Do Masters and Grandmasters in the USA. You and your school is one of a select group which has been nominated for membership.
Once the WTMU has enrolled the specified number of schools and Dan applicants, our membership will receive the following benefits:
- Kukkiwon recognition Certificate - suitable for framing
- Kukkiwon Dan Certification processing
- no membership fee for the first year
- no third-party fees
- 20% payment of all Dan fees for applications which you submit,
paid directly to you or your school
- access to select seminars
- access to special training sessions
- no need to travel overseas for high-rank advancement
In addition, those of you joining within the next 60 days will be considered "Charter Members" and will receive the following additional benefits:
- 25% payment of all Dan fees for applications which you submit
paid directly to you or your school
- Lifetime membership at no cost to you
- 10% discount on all seminars & special training sessions
I invite and encourage you to become a "Charter Member" of the WTMU today. Attached to this e-mail, you will find the Membership Application which can either be returned via email or via regular mail.
With your participation, and in conjunction with Kukkiwon support, I am confident that we will be able to develop a stronger awareness of Tae Kwon Do in the U.S.A. and build and promote open networking and a strong fellowship with one another.
Together, we can keep Tae Kwon Do strong and growing in the U.S.A., and at the same time, support Kukkiwon. I appreciate your time and support and encourage you to contact me directly if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
President / Grandmaster Kyung Ho Park
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The USTC is not involved with the WTMU.

This seems to be what the USKKW was working for and sounds very similiar. How would this be affected pending any outcome of the lawsuit between USKKW and KKW and the exclusive rights they were supposed to have.

Seems like too many people are working seperately for the same goal.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
This seems to be what the USKKW was working for and sounds very similiar. How would this be affected pending any outcome of the lawsuit between USKKW and KKW and the exclusive rights they were supposed to have. Seems like too many people are working seperately for the same goal.

Or it seems like USTC leads with an idea or a plan, and then other groups want to jump on the bandwagon and do the same thing. But if you have any questions about WTMU, I suggest you contact the WTMU president directly.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just another group gathering more schools/masters in order to have more numbers for KOMS. The test is good for those who, for whatever reason, have not had the chance to do so. The kkw will fail those not acceptable. More than 30% failed in las vegas(some were horrible).

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I received the email which unfortunately did not mention the price for the seminar. I'd love to train again with the KKW's instructors so I am awaiting info on the price for just the poomsae seminar.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is the reply I received:

Dear Master Miles,

Thank you for your reply. The fee for the 16-hour Poomsae seminar is $185. However, the event is postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date due to the Kukkiwon schedule.
I will let you know as soon as the rescheduled date is finalized.

Sincerely,

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KH KIM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]G.Master/President[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KH Kim Taekwondo[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3141 Dundee Rd., Northbrook, IL 60062[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Off: (847) 480-9224[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Fax: (847) 480-9255[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.khkimtkd.com[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT]

Latest Discussions