Wrong Horoscope signs due to wobbly earth

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just saw this article on the news. Just one of those interesting things.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41062376

They added a 13th sign that was supposedly taken out and not used in between Scorpio and Sagitarius. Also, most signs are a month off to what people think they are.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
*gasp* Does this mean that horoscopes are no longer an accurate method of divination?!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess that makes me a Virgo then. Anyways I never believed that any of this mattered. If you read a random horoscope to somebody and told them it was theirs they would be able to identify with it. They are meant to be general. I just watches a free movie on the web called ZeitGeist. The first ten minutes is nothing but pretty colors, but its a Documentary on the Zodiac and how it relates to Christianity, then it goes right into some 9/11 truth stuff, but check out that first part after the pretty colors.
Sean

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this article on the news. Just one of those interesting things.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41062376

They added a 13th sign that was supposedly taken out and not used in between Scorpio and Sagitarius. Also, most signs are a month off to what people think they are.

An interesting thing that comes up every couple of years, that happens to be totally wrong.

Western astrology isn't really based on "constellations" of the zodiac-it's based on the tropical signs ( thought of along the tropical meridians of the earth) and the postion of the ecliptic ( the apparent path that the Sun traces is the sky during the year-that's why they're called "Sun signs.")

FOr this very reason, a "13th sign" is completely unnecessary, as are the other 12.

It's all friggn' gobbledygook, anyway : we steer by the stars, the stars don't steer us
at least, that's what 8 generations of sailors in my family have always said.....:lfao:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess that makes me a Virgo then.

Niiice. They always say you can't put that genie back in the bottle, but they were wrong.
icon14.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's all friggn' gobbledygook

Hey man...that gobbledygook gave me two solid hours of laffs on FB this morning.

Of course...its still gobbledygook.... LMAO!!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take for someone in Hollywood to file divorce proceedings?

"This is no longer going to work. A Scorpio? As if!"

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take for someone in Hollywood to file divorce proceedings?

"This is no longer going to work. A Scorpio? As if!"
I dated a gal that only dated me because I was Libra like herself. We only dated once. She must have sensed something was amiss.:ultracool
Sean

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I guess that makes me a Virgo then. Anyways I never believed that any of this mattered. If you read a random horoscope to somebody and told them it was theirs they would be able to identify with it. They are meant to be general. I just watches a free movie on the web called ZeitGeist. The first ten minutes is nothing but pretty colors, but its a Documentary on the Zodiac and how it relates to Christianity, then it goes right into some 9/11 truth stuff, but check out that first part after the pretty colors.
Sean
That is a great flick and does make one think.

Still if I'm no longer a Capricorn and now a Sagittarius, it makes one wonder about a few things then.

Naaahhh

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dated a gal that only dated me because I was Libra like herself. We only dated once. She must have sensed something was amiss.:ultracool
Sean

I have run into a couple of those as well.

It makes it alot easier to take away personal responsibility, well can't do that my sign said "no". Not sure if I like you or not, well my sign says "yes".

I read my horoscope every once in a while for kicks and grins and then read all the other ones as well. Amazing how general they are to fit in with whoever. "You are a slightly reserved person in some circumstances, but like to have fun with your friends". Ok, that fits just about 99% of the population.

I always did wonder how the position of the moon/earth etc. effect things due to magnetic changes in the atmosphere. Don't think you can't predict behavior or personality based on it though.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wtf? You mean I'm not a leo? I'm a cancer? wow. according to this im a disease lol!

Here's your new sign below:
[COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Capricorn[/color][/color]: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
[COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Leo[/color][/color]: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20