Would Martial Arts created by women fundamentally be better than those created by men?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh. So nobody then? Because after a quick look through the thread, it's fairly evident whoever you are talking to ain't here.

Oh my, I know he's 'not all there' but pleased you agree about yourself. :cool:

What you are experiencing is cognitive bias as you believe because you said a thing it must therefore be true.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your saying an athletic male has more strengh an athlectic females its hrd to argue, but thats not what we are discussing,

He's twisted your words around and is now trying to make it seem as if the argument is about something else. I don't know whether he's trying to wind us up or actually doesn't understand what is being written.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is getting contentious. Let me set everyone straight. Men and women are both great, but often in different ways that compliment each other. For example, my wife and I decided that she would make all the many small decisions, and I would make the all major ones. Well, after 25 years, it seems there has never been a major decision to be made.

Look, men and women deserve equal rights, respect, opportunity, justice, etc. and all the rest that come with these things. But we are physically different with different capabilities. A man of average size and strength (among his sex) can defeat most all women of above average size and strength. This is fact and true amongst practically all mammals.

Nobody can do everything well. That's why we have division of labor. Male lions are the absolute tops in one on one combat. But the females are better hunters. Women are better in language (quality and quantity ;)). Men in direct action. These differences are not accidents, having evolved over hundreds of thousands of year and have aided our survival, although culture has modified them is some cases.

In a self-defense situation, women have advantages other than physical superiority. The very fact that men know they are physically superior to women, give women an advantage. As Sun Tsu said: "The opportunity to win is supplied by the opponent himself." A male aggressor will not be as on guard against a female prey as against a male. This gives the female a tremendous advantage for a first strike. She will rely more on tactics to manipulate the situation to further her advantage. She will be able to draw the attacker in with not only his physical guard down, but his mental guard as well.

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, whether born with them, of developed them over time. The key is to know each and put them to use. "If you know both the enemy and yourself, you will not loose in a hundred battles." (Sun Tsu again)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Men and women are both great, but often in different ways that compliment each other.

To be honest that's not the issue here. The problem is when old wives tales are still believed, that helps no one.

A male aggressor will not be as on guard against a female prey as against a male. This gives the female a tremendous advantage for a first strike. She will rely more on tactics to manipulate the situation to further her advantage. She will be able to draw the attacker in with not only his physical guard down, but his mental guard as well.

Sadly though, women are rarely on guard against the men who are the actual attackers, 90% of attacks and rapes are committed by someone known to the victim. Known in this case means someone she has gad an interaction with that leads her to think there is no danger before people start as thy have done before questioning what 'known' means.
Women are better in language (quality and quantity ;)). Men in direct action.
These are both 'qualities' that can be taught and learnt rather than necessarily ingrained. it is also a cultural thing.

A man of average size and strength (among his sex) can defeat most all women of above average size and strength. This is fact and true amongst practically all mammals.

No one is saying the first sentence is incorrect however more female mammals are actually bigger than males than is commonly supposed. There's many pages here where female mammals are bigger. https://repository.si.edu/bitstream/handle/10088/11651/Ralls1976c.pdf. the study finishes with this note "A larger size in the female sex in mammals may evolve in a variety of ways, and the problem of determining the selection pressures responsible is exceedingly complex. Sexual selection on male mammals may favor smaller males in some species. Why, then, should we tend to assume that sexual selection is sufficient to account for all the mammalian cases in which males are the larger sex?"

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is getting contentious. Let me set everyone straight. Men and women are both great, but often in different ways that compliment each other. For example, my wife and I decided that she would make all the many small decisions, and I would make the all major ones. Well, after 25 years, it seems there has never been a major decision to be made.

Look, men and women deserve equal rights, respect, opportunity, justice, etc. and all the rest that come with these things. But we are physically different with different capabilities. A man of average size and strength (among his sex) can defeat most all women of above average size and strength. This is fact and true amongst practically all mammals.

Nobody can do everything well. That's why we have division of labor. Male lions are the absolute tops in one on one combat. But the females are better hunters. Women are better in language (quality and quantity ;)). Men in direct action. These differences are not accidents, having evolved over hundreds of thousands of year and have aided our survival, although culture has modified them is some cases.

In a self-defense situation, women have advantages other than physical superiority. The very fact that men know they are physically superior to women, give women an advantage. As Sun Tsu said: "The opportunity to win is supplied by the opponent himself." A male aggressor will not be as on guard against a female prey as against a male. This gives the female a tremendous advantage for a first strike. She will rely more on tactics to manipulate the situation to further her advantage. She will be able to draw the attacker in with not only his physical guard down, but his mental guard as well.

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, whether born with them, of developed them over time. The key is to know each and put them to use. "If you know both the enemy and yourself, you will not loose in a hundred battles." (Sun Tsu again)
more nonsence, you dont know how strong an average male is, how can you possible say they are stronger than an above averagly strong female

and clearly only slightly less half the males in this world are below average size and strengh what does your christal ball say about them ?

Last edited:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
strawman again, try anf focus your attention on the point at issue. heavy working female v inactive male

have you any science data for that

You're right again. I mean, when your right you're right. Anyone that says that the 'so called' massive strength difference between equally tuned and sized athletes of the two existing genders would also apply to the rest of the population too is obviously a schill for Big Athletics™.

It's a shame all the data you have that shows anything different has been stolen by ninjas, or you could totally expose this.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh my, I know he's 'not all there' but pleased you agree about yourself. :cool:

What you are experiencing is cognitive bias as you believe because you said a thing it must therefore be true.
No. I'm actually baiting you to continue being ridiculous.

I knew your rant was about me, but you seem to have forgotten to quote me saying any of it.

Could it be that is because these quotes don't exist, and in your frenzied fervor you might have 'embelished'(read:invented) just a tad?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I'm actually baiting you to continue being ridiculous.

I knew your rant was about me, but you seem to have forgotten to quote me saying any of it.

Could it be that is because these quotes don't exist, and in your frenzied fervor you might have 'embelished'(read:invented) just a tad?

My eyes rolled so hard at you I saw my brain.

@Mods..please note that he says he's baiting me so his posts aren't in the least genuine contributions to this conversation. I assume he's also baiting Jobo to elicit a reaction.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
My eyes rolled so hard at you I saw my brain.

@Mods..please note that he says he's baiting me so his posts aren't in the least genuine contributions to this conversation. I assume he's also baiting Jobo to elicit a reaction.
Yes, because you are straight up lying about what I have said here.

Find a quote of me, for instance, saying i "think women just can't be strong at all"(a direct quote from one of your posts). Oh you can't?

Ok, maybe accusing you of lying might be a bit harsh. It could be that your reading comprehension is just not the best. It's definitely one of the two.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;)

There you go.

Now if you want to discuss something I actually said, feel free to slap down a quote of me sayin' it and we can do this like adults.

Now if only I didn't feel arguing with you is like playing chess with pigeons. :rolleyes:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now if only I didn't feel arguing with you is like playing chess with pigeons. :rolleyes:
Oh, do you make up things for pidgeons to say and argue against them too? Or are you saying you are a dishonest chess player? Not really sure where you are going with this, but I am sure I've pursued your stream of nonsense derailer as far as I care to.

Again, if you can figure out the quote function I'll be around.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

'Pigeons'

88623ea3982e339d7e3d8d49f833780e.jpg

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
'Pigeons'

88623ea3982e339d7e3d8d49f833780e.jpg
You say that, yet it is you that hasjumped on a post not addressed to you, been dishonest in your reply in the pursuit of a non existent point, and have now been reduced to name calling like a petulant child when called out on it.

I think those reading will make up their own minds.

So do you have anything on topic to say or will it just be foot stomping today?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're right again. I mean, when your right you're right. Anyone that says that the 'so called' massive strength difference between equally tuned and sized athletes of the two existing genders would also apply to the rest of the population too is obviously a schill for Big Athletics™.

It's a shame all the data you have that shows anything different has been stolen by ninjas, or you could totally expose this.
lets make it really simple for you, if there is an innitial strengh differance, lack exercise will make one weaker and exercise the other stronger eventually those lines will cross

banging on about highly trained atheletes doesnt change that or even apply to ordinary mortals

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lets make it really simple for you, if there is an innitial strengh differance, lack exercise will make one weaker and exercise the other stronger eventually those lines will cross

banging on about highly trained atheletes doesnt change that or even apply to ordinary mortals

What point are you even trying to make? It sounds like you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sure. Eventually.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
more female mammals are actually bigger than males than is commonly supposed. There's many pages here where female mammals are bigger.
This is not really true. Rather than list the Latin order/family names, I'll just list an example from each group: seals, whales, cats, dogs, elephants, apes, bears, cows, horses, weasels, goats, deer, and marsupials all have larger males (with a tiny % of exceptions in a number of these groups, perhaps). This list makes up the vast majority of mammals. The only major exceptions are hyenas, and some rodents and bats. (I did read your source and cross-checked each group individually.)

Most studies posted re: language skills agree that girls (at least from infancy thru childhood) are more advanced than boys.

Latest Discussions