World Tang Soo Do Association

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently began training with a 3rd degree black belt in W.T.S.D.A..I am really enjoying learning T.S.D. after years training in Modern Kenpo and Taekwondo. When I contacted the W.T.S.D.A. about ordering study materials to help me out with the Hyungs and one steps, they refused to sell to me because I am not studying at an established dojang.
Any suggestions on how I might be able to find the materials I need?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have you tried to look at youtube? There is tons of stuff located there for free.

DMcHenry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've seen the whole set at a local Half-Price book store. I'm sure there are other places like that, maybe even ebay where you can check.

aarong

White Belt
Reaction score
Are you refering to the books by Jae Chul Shin. If so volume 1 to 4 are available from

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I made my order tonight!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Half price books do have alot of materials from Martial Arts or atleast here where I live.

Montecarlodrag

Green Belt
Reaction score
Our school sells lower belt material (both books and DVD's) plus the Chil-Sung DVD. However, we are not WTSDA; we are ATA/UTC. Could be of help though?

Just in case you are interested: http://rexerstangsoodokarateacademy.com/retail/index.html

Hyungs are a little different, and WTSDA does not allow the hyungs to be practiced different than they teach (weird).

The Chil Sung are not part of the WTSDA curriculum, so they are of no use for him.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lynne, you spar in gold kit? Wow! I'm speechless lol!

Yossarian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Im from a WTSDA background, the book by Kang Uk Lee is good for the forms although it doesnt have the first three.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm IT[SD]F, not WTSDA, but even so, I'd recommend http://internationaltangsoodofederation.com/supplies_materials.htm for information. I've never had the money to buy Master Kim's book (although if anyone wants to give me a late Christmas present ;D), but I've tried the videos, and they're pretty good.

As for the one-steps...not a clue. Don't know if they're the same between federations (my guess is not).

Tang Soo!

EDIT: Kang Uk Lee's book (which I DO have) is also very illustrative, so I echo Yossarian's recommendation.

Last edited:

Montecarlodrag

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im from a WTSDA background, the book by Kang Uk Lee is good for the forms although it doesnt have the first three.

It doesn't have them because the first 3 hyungs from WTSDA were created by WTSDA and the are used only by them (Sae Gae Hyung Il Bu, Sae Gae hyung E Bu and Sam Bu).

So, You won't see them anywhere else (and they are very easy as a matter of fact).

Latest Discussions