Recieved my 4th Dan

LarryR

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm ususally a silent member who reads MT to keep informed on whats going on in the world of TSD. I thought that I should share that I recieved my 4th Dan on Sat Dec 6.

This has been a goal of mine for quite some time now. I recieved my 3rd Dan in Hapkido back in 1994. A lot has happened between the years with my life and the martial arts. However 5 years ago I joined Kwon's Black Belt Academy, a United Martial Arts Federation school. I came in as a 3rd Dan and was recieved well. And yes of course I had to learn federation material to get my 3rd Dan certification in the UMAF.

Now between those years I've studied Kali and JKD. So I was able to share with our chief instructor and other black belts different fighting concepts and weapons training, some of which were added to our studio weaopns cirriculum.

Testing for my 4th dan went in stages. 1st the pretest in August. The 4th dan test in Sept. The ceremony where you preform a demo before recieveing your belt last Sat.

I'm glad its now over and I can get on with furthering my skills in the martial arts. I'm 52 and will be 53 in Jan. Its been a journey to reach this point, but one thats worth it.

So I want to encourage those who are climbing the gup and dan ladders of the martial arts to stay focus, and just because life happens, keep training.

Tang Soo....

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! :partyon:

It sounds like you've worked very hard over many years. Your journey to get there is surely an inspiration to all. :asian:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most assuredly so, Opal.

Many sincere congratulations, Larry on a major milestone in your martial arts journey :sensei rei:.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's outstanding, Larry. You have the right to celebrate very merrily! :)

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great job, Larry. Congratulations! It is great to hear of someone with so much bredth of experience passing it along to the community!