Women and guns

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
From my own observations, women are usually more gun phobic than men. There are of course exceptions to this, I know of women who can handle guns like they're extensions of themselves and I know of men who wouldn't go anywhere near a gun. However, most of the time its women who tend to be much more gun phobic and theres lots of women who want guns to be much more regulated if not outright banned. There are men like that too and there are women who would fight against more gun control to the end but overall, at least this is my own observation, women are usually more opposed to guns than men. This is too bad since often its women who might need guns the most. A gun will enable a woman to stop a larger, stronger man. Now, some people might say a woman just needs adequate martial arts training to stop a large man. That might work sometimes and its not a bad idea for a woman to take up such training, but it will not work like a gun. A 100 pound woman who is a 3rd degree black belt who is up against a 20 year old male assailant who weights 200 pounds and is on crack, a gun would sure give the woman some good extra backup in a situation like that if she needed it.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right. There is a nice increase in the number of women who are buying guns and learning how to use and carry them...I believe they are one of the biggest growth areas in the gun industry...

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are right. There is a nice increase in the number of women who are buying guns and learning how to use and carry them...I believe they are one of the biggest growth areas in the gun industry...

Well that's good. More women need to learn how to use guns effectively and more women should buy and own guns.

Latest Discussions