2014 SHOT show this week...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am new to the gun world and have learned that the 2014 SHOT show starts tomorrow. This is the biggest collection of firearms and accessories in the country and it goes through Friday. Any more experienced firearms types out there expecting anything from the show? Any new guns you are hoping to see?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't because of the SHOT show, but the just announced Remington R51 has piqued my interest as a single stack 9mm. I won't buy without having shot it, but the early reviews seem favorable.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I might stop by the show to catch up with a few old friends that are in town. However, I am not expecting anything incredibly earth shattering!

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like the look of the Desert Tech MDR, which apparently won't be ready until at least next year. I shoot left-handed and my friends shoot right, which means a gun that is fully ambidextrous without "reversible" controls is appealing (although the charging handle appears to be "reversible" on this, I think it's pretty close to ambi). From what I've read, it will be available in 10" or 16" barrels (10" will require ATF approval) and in .223 Rem, .308 Win, .300 Blackout, 7.62x39, and 6.8mm. Around $2200 for the .223 and $2500 for the .308.

I like the idea of a bullpup, but most are not very lefty-friendly. This would be a good alternative option for me compared with the FN bullpup rifles, which were previously my only real option in bullpup (everything else has "reversible" ejectors, meaning it would have to be manually reconfigured for right- or left-handed use). When I get around to getting a rifle, I'll have to decide if it's worth it to get a bullpup over a cheaper AR-15 design, but I know an ambi system will either require more $$ up front, or $$ for accessories and gunsmithing (because I've learned I don't know my own work after I put a hole in a trigger I was trying to install).

Latest Discussions