Woman hugs cop...shot and killed.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why is the cop strapped at his own party? Weird...
Not weird at all

Not really. Lots of cops carry most of the time. Reasons are too complicated for typing on a mobile device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

There a lot of reasons, some departments require their officers to live in the area they work and then require them to always carry. Some require they just carry no matter their living location.

Many years ago, I was walking with a girlfriend into a movie theater. I told her to wait a sec as I bent down and (re)tied my shoes. Why? There was an officer I saw, and he was with his wife and he was not carrying. (* Tight shorts, shirt tucked in, there was no place for him to have carried at all *). The Girlfriend asked why I stopped and retied my shoes. I told her I recognized the officer. She asked is there a problem ? I told her no, and asked her why we were at that theater? She replied, "You Bounce, and you drive 25 miles to this town/city to use the theater without having to worry about people(bad guys)." I then told her, I believed he the officer was doing the same.

Totally normal. Many jurisdictions allow full time carry, and Detroit is one of them. If you lived in Detroit, you might want to be armed at all times as well.

Yes location, does make a difference!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This puzzles me, aren't holstered guns pointing towards the floor to prevent fatalities in the cases of accidental misfire? Even if the cop was bent over this would only angle a gun shot to the pelvis or abdomin, and knowing bullets don't travel in a straight line there is a chance of it creating these injuries, albeit a very slim chance! Something doesn't seem to add up. I'm interested to see the outcome though! Tragic loss of a life in any case :(

Virtually no such thing as an accidental misfire...this and other "accidents" are negligent discharges.

Even the smallest, flimsiest holster holds fits the gun very tightly and covers the trigger and trigger guard to ensure the person drawing it will not be doing so in a motion that could result in the person's finger being on the trigger until that person puts their finger inside the trigger guard and squeezes.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn, I'm going to have to re-think buying that summer home in Detroit.

Have you considered New Hampshire? I know some great summer spots ;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn, I'm going to have to re-think buying that summer home in Detroit.

Well if Detroit is not "bad" enough for you to buy two or three homes, come further north and try Pontiac, but for the real low price and "best" treatment, buy in Flint. Downtown Flint is nice as it is in Detroit (* Note: Other Downtown areas would laugh at those words but they are nice relative and in comparison *), and it has a good University with its' own police force that has not be cut recently.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I have considered NH. Is there something I should know about??

Its a great place to live with practical, educated people (and some of the lowest crime rates in the country). There's lots of stuff to do, especially if you like the outside world. Hiking, biking, skiing, snowshoeing...we also have the seacoast with a few gorgeous beaches and the surfing community that surfs year round in a good wetsuit. And me of course. *bada bing*

Main thing to watch for is property tax. Its a bit high, because we don't have a state sales tax nor do we have a state income tax. And naturally if you have any questions or want any input regarding the area just message me. Happy to help and/or play tour guide :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its a great place to live with practical, educated people (and some of the lowest crime rates in the country). There's lots of stuff to do, especially if you like the outside world. Hiking, biking, skiing, snowshoeing...we also have the seacoast with a few gorgeous beaches and the surfing community that surfs year round in a good wetsuit. And me of course. *bada bing*

Main thing to watch for is property tax. Its a bit high, because we don't have a state sales tax nor do we have a state income tax. And naturally if you have any questions or want any input regarding the area just message me. Happy to help and/or play tour guide :)

Well... How can I resist. Bada Bing... I might plan a trip later this summer. I have also heard that the skiing is excellent in NH.That's a plus for me.