Woman Hammers Cable Company

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever get tired of the endless recordings when you call the cable company, the phone company or just about any other place around today? "Press 1 for this, press 2 for that" is the usual run around.

I saw this story on the news this morning and came across it online, so I thought I'd post it here.

BRISTOW, Virginia - She was fined and got a suspended jail sentence, but Mona Shaw says she has no regrets about using a hammer to vent her frustration at a cable company.
"I stand by my actions even more so after getting all these telephone calls and hearing other people's complaints," she told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.

I'm sure we've all been in the same situation as this lady. I'm not sure I would've followed thru with what this woman did, but I can't necessarily say I blame her.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We don't know all the fact, true. But if I had to bet heavy on one side or the other being right, I'd probably go with her side of the story. The contempt the guys in the head offices show for their customers often is often beyond belief.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since we don't have a "Hero" tag like Fark....

:asian: :cheers: :asian:

Comcast's customer service isn't "Service like you get at a service station."
It's "Service like the heifer she gets from the bool."