Winter on MT?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, with this conversation on my mind I picked up some port this evening at the local high-end supermarket. It's Delaforce Fine Ruby Porto. No year on it, so I'm guessing 2005--it was only about $15 or so. It should do as an experiment.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Winter"? What is this "winter", of which you speak?

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, it's starting to get downright cold here. Why, it was around 70-degrees today with this cold front. :D

Cthulhu

Lisa said:
:p I hate you.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cthulhu said:
Hey, it's starting to get downright cold here. Why, it was around 70-degrees today with this cold front. :D

Cthulhu

I am so jealous. :(

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I complain about the heat and humidity all the time...and the occasional hurricane...but winter always reminds me that I don't have to dig my car out of 7ft. snow drifts, I don't have to pay ridiculous fuel costs to heat my home, and I don't have to drive on icy roads.

You'll probably end up down here eventually...I swear, half of the 70+ year old population of Canada relocates to FL every year.

Cthulhu

Lisa said:
I am so jealous. :(

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cthulhu said:
I complain about the heat and humidity all the time...and the occasional hurricane...but winter always reminds me that I don't have to dig my car out of 7ft. snow drifts, I don't have to pay ridiculous fuel costs to heat my home, and I don't have to drive on icy roads.

You'll probably end up down here eventually...I swear, half of the 70+ year old population of Canada relocates to FL every year.

Cthulhu

LOL! Well then, see you in 30 some years ;) :D

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shoot, by that time, global warming will probably turn your area of the continent into a subtropical zone...but you'll be welcome in FL nonetheless. :)

Hell, when I lived in Tampa, half of Quebec and all of Ontario migrated to the Tampa/Clearwater area during the summer. Getting to the beaches was murder, and 4 out of 5 cars on the road had Canadian license plates.

It was like some bizarre, non-violent, seasonal invasion, except you gave us lots of money :)

Cthulhu

Lisa said:
LOL! Well then, see you in 30 some years ;) :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
OK, with this conversation on my mind I picked up some port this evening at the local high-end supermarket. It's Delaforce Fine Ruby Porto. No year on it, so I'm guessing 2005--it was only about $15 or so. It should do as an experiment.
Heh. You got cheap port. Heh. I'll go to the store this weekend and pick up a higher end one you might like and torture you with the details.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Heh. You got cheap port. Heh. I'll go to the store this weekend and pick up a higher end one you might like and torture you with the details.

Too cruel! The one I had earlier in the week was twice that price, but they had much more expensive bottles there. But as it's a daily habit, I don't want to invest too much into it on a regular basis.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now we need some falling TURKEYS! Just like in that episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where the advertising manager of the radio station thought a good publicity stunt for the station would be to let loose by aircraft hundreds of turkeys over a shopping mall - without realizing that turkeys can't fly :partyon: .

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Now we need some falling TURKEYS! Just like in that episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where the advertising manager of the radio station thought a good publicity stunt for the station would be to let loose by aircraft hundreds of turkeys over a shopping mall - without realizing that turkeys can't fly :partyon: .

LOL! That is one of my favorite episodes! It is just hilarious! I wonder if the powers that be can make it rain turkeys? hmmmmm... :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'know...I should probably add a sound byte...how did it go?
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

:D

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm never up late enough to see the festivities...:(

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
So, when is the next snow forecast for?

Latest Discussions