Will i be ok if......?

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I post in the rant thread of mine about injuring my knee. I know that I need to stay off of it as much as possible until I see the doctor but I was wondering if it would be ok for me to still work out my upper body. You know sit ups, bench press dumbbell curls or whatever.

Thanks for the advice

B

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I post in the rant thread of mine about injuring my knee. I know that I need to stay off of it as much as possible until I see the doctor but I was wondering if it would be ok for me to still work out my upper body. You know sit ups, bench press dumbbell curls or whatever.

Thanks for the advice

B

As long as you are not putting pressure on the knee, you should be fine.

OP
KempoGuy06

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As long as you are not putting pressure on the knee, you should be fine.
the only time i should have any pressure on my knee is when i get up to move to a new station or to get weights but thats it. I guess I will have to see. thanks terry

B

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the only time i should have any pressure on my knee is when i get up to move to a new station or to get weights but thats it. I guess I will have to see. thanks terry

B

I would not do anytype of lifting until that knee has been looked at. So if you need to lift wieghts to put on bars take someone to help with that.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you insist on lifting, then you should stick to selectorized equipment. Don't use any freeweights or plate-loaded equipment.

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you can, then I'd suggest trying to get a buddy to work out with you if you don't already have one doing so.

Even if you're only lifting dumbells and stack weights then you'll still need to move around to change equipment and it's better to have someone with you in case you need assistance because of your knee trouble than to have an accident and do further damage to your knee.

Latest Discussions