Why You're Not Safe On Today's Streets

K

kenpo07

This is why Martial arts don't work and why 100 percent of the people here are too scared to fight because you know you would LOSE!!!

With liberal politics and anti-gun laws getting tougher on you as a law abiding, tax paying citizen while protecting the criminals, the fact is that Murphy's Law says you'll be attacked when you are least prepared. So what can you do? Learning the martial arts is absolutely no answer! It's a known fact in the Real world a good bad-assed streetfighter can easily take out any black belt. Why? Because he doesn't play by any rules he just kicks *** and that's...

The problem is that no one in the martial arts or sport-fighting world can give you this vital, lifesaving knowledge. There are tons of "Dojos" offering you many forms of self-defense. Just pay your $50.00-$70.00 bucks per month for a couple of years and $3000.00 later if your lucky MAYBE you'll have learned a "clean" fighting trick or two (not the nasty, effective dirty ones that most street-fighters learned at 15).

Sure there are lots of martial artists and "street-fighters" selling video tapes. But how do you know what they teach you is going to work?
Your world is so busy and your time is so limited you can't afford to waste time training in ineffective, defensive, sport oriented "arts". Or even worse are all of the unproven hodgepodge "systems". These are put together by some self-proclaimed "expert" with a couple of black belts and pushed by some sleazy marketers who don't know the difference between a punch and a kick.

The Three Biggest Lies The Best Martial Artists
And Other Self Proclaimed Fighting "Gurus"
Insist That You Believe
1. These so-called teachers would have you believe that speed, coordination, athleticism and conditioning are necessary to execute moves like complicated arm-bars, spinning reverse punches, and high showy kicks. The sad thing is that all the above is just for show.

2. The Martial Artists and Competitive Sport Fighters want you to believe it takes years just to learn the basics. Of course they do! It took them years. Why should you learn it any faster? This is how they earn there money.........

3. Professionals proved that EVERY martial art FAILS in real world combat and urban assault (street-fighting) situations and takes way too long to learn. Plus the results were inconsistent, that means good men would die. Because in combat you can't tap out... you die!

OP
A

A.R.K.

This is why Martial arts don't work and why 100 percent of the people here are too scared to fight because you know you would LOSE!!!

There are two incorrect generalizations in this quote. First that MA's don't work. They have been working quite well for several thousand years in actual combat. This is why it is called 'martial'. It depends on the person using what they have learned that is the consideration. Which brings us to the second thing, all of us are scared to fight because we know we would lose? How do you justify that opinon?

the fact is that Murphy's Law says you'll be attacked when you are least prepared.

This makes sense.

Learning the martial arts is absolutely no answer! It's a known fact in the Real world a good bad-assed streetfighter can easily take out any black belt.

Another generalization that has no basis in reality. You are trying to paint an unrealistic stereotype. It is the individual that is the consideration once again.

The problem is that no one in the martial arts or sport-fighting world can give you this vital, lifesaving knowledge.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

These are put together by some self-proclaimed "expert" with a couple of black belts and pushed by some sleazy marketers who don't know the difference between a punch and a kick.

Again, an over-generalization combined with an assumption.

These so-called teachers would have you believe that speed, coordination, athleticism and conditioning are necessary to execute moves like complicated arm-bars, spinning reverse punches, and high showy kicks. The sad thing is that all the above is just for show.

I can understand the hollywood flashy kicks to an extent. But an arm bar is hardly complicated.

The Martial Artists and Competitive Sport Fighters want you to believe it takes years just to learn the basics.

They do?

Professionals proved that EVERY martial art FAILS in real world combat

Really? Who are these professionals?

All in all I'd have to say :rolleyes:

OP
D

Disco

So I would assume that you are going to stop your training in Kenpo now?

Just out of curiosity, who were these "professionals" that stated this.

One thing to remember. Not everybody trains to win medals. There's plenty of us that train for and work in and on those mean streets.

I'm just the forrunner on this subject. When the Kenpo community here finds this thread, all bets are off :D

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
who leaked in your cornflakes?
You seem very Jaded and biased to me.
Do you really believe this dribble?

No offense, but this is how I see it.
thanks
Your Brother
John
:rolleyes:

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by kenpo07

With liberal politics and anti-gun laws getting tougher on you as a law abiding, tax paying citizen while protecting the criminals, the fact is that Murphy's Law says you'll be attacked when you are least prepared. So what can you do? Learning the martial arts is absolutely no answer! It's a known fact in the Real world a good bad-assed streetfighter can easily take out any black belt. Why? Because he doesn't play by any rules he just kicks *** and that's...

The problem is that no one in the martial arts or sport-fighting world can give you this vital, lifesaving knowledge. There are tons of "Dojos" offering you many forms of self-defense. Just pay your $50.00-$70.00 bucks per month for a couple of years and $3000.00 later if your lucky MAYBE you'll have learned a "clean" fighting trick or two (not the nasty, effective dirty ones that most street-fighters learned at 15).

Sure there are lots of martial artists and "street-fighters" selling video tapes. But how do you know what they teach you is going to work?
Your world is so busy and your time is so limited you can't afford to waste time training in ineffective, defensive, sport oriented "arts". Or even worse are all of the unproven hodgepodge "systems". These are put together by some self-proclaimed "expert" with a couple of black belts and pushed by some sleazy marketers who don't know the difference between a punch and a kick.

Insist That You Believe
1. These so-called teachers would have you believe that speed, coordination, athleticism and conditioning are necessary to execute moves like complicated arm-bars, spinning reverse punches, and high showy kicks. The sad thing is that all the above is just for show.

2. The Martial Artists and Competitive Sport Fighters want you to believe it takes years just to learn the basics. Of course they do! It took them years. Why should you learn it any faster? This is how they earn there money.........

3. Professionals proved that EVERY martial art FAILS in real world combat and urban assault (street-fighting) situations and takes way too long to learn. Plus the results were inconsistent, that means good men would die. Because in combat you can't tap out... you die!
I agree :rolleyes:

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think if you open your eyes as well as your mind and continue your kenpo training you will see that what American Kenpo does best and is best suited for is street fighting!

I think that there are 3 tpye of martial artist

1. Those with great technique but littel fighting spirit
2. Those will terrible technique but a great fighting spirit.
3. Those with great fighting spirit and great technique.

The question is which one are you and which one do you want to be and how are you gonna get there?

I wish you well in your journey:asian:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score

Insist That You Believe

*YAWN....boring...droll....

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Insist That You Believe

HEY, I GET IT!!!

This is one of those ads you see in the martial arts mags, right?!?
You know, ALL MARTIAL ARTS SUCK!! , but if you send me $300.00 I will tell you how to beat anyone using my secret technique, that you don't even have to practise.
And if you ring this number right now, 1800-BULL-DUST, you will get my special bonus offer, "What to do when the other stuff doesn't work"

Downunder, your first post would be enough to qualify you as a full on WANKER!

--Dave

:(

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
another Troll.....:barf:
Save this kind of crap for those of us that have not worked in the justice systems or the bars where our skills were imperative not only to our jobs but to our lives as well as the lives of others.:disgust:

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There's a thread in general martial arts talk about streetfighting vs martial arts already going on for some time. Check it out.

:)

OP
J

J-kid

Well depends what you train in wal others will disagree with me strongly, i do feel some arts are stronger then others.

If you have the right tools you can get the job done.

OP
Y

yilisifu

Gosh, I'd better tell those of my students who've had to use their skill on the street that they lost...but didn't know it. They'll be very disappointed.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Judo-kid
Well depends what you train in wal others will disagree with me strongly, i do feel some arts are stronger then others.

If you have the right tools you can get the job done.

The author didn't say that it depends on what you train in. It
says ALL martial arts .. including your precious judo, bjj, and
muay thai.

OP
J

Jill666

:2xbird:

Yesterday I trained in Kenpo, today I train in Ninpo, tomorrow I go shooting.

If you think for a minute I'm gonna start point-sparring with a street thug, you would be incorrect.

:D

I don't fight fair, and I plan to live a long freakin' time. I'm not relying on Kenpo to keep me alive, I rely on myself. My Kenpo is a tool only. :rtfm:

"The fault is not in the stars, but in ourselves"

OP
R

roryneil

D.Cobb has it right. When I was reading that post it sounded exactly like those ads that say they can teach a grandmother to take out a Navy Seal with secret techniques learned in MINUTES not years!:rolleyes:

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Pity is somebody may actually believe it!! :(

But we know better, uh? :D
And as my brother once told me, why learning martial arts if you bite? :rofl: :rofl:

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Clearly moving from forum to forum posting your "exposé" may serve some purpose from your perspective, but it appears to me to be less sincere than simply looking for an argument.

At any rate I really think you misunderstand your own statement.

I think it should be "Why YOU aren't safe on the streets."

I've personally been in and on those streets for quite a few years now dealing with hard core individuals who didn't want to go where I was going to take them, yet they still went.

But still a smidgen of what you have said has some validity for some, and for those to whom it applies, I hope they take heed. Of course I would have felt better if you had offered some constructive remedy. Your statement without a possible solution to your proposed dillema suggests we stop studying or perhaps submit to the first person that says "boo" because we "don't stand a chance."

My suggestion is somewhat more straight forward. Whether you study/train or not, fight. Don't be an easy victim, be a hard one. Fight with every fiber of your being whether you're 8 or 80, It doesn't matter. Let them know you're willing to die holding onto their nuts with a smile. Once they realize that, they'll go looking for the guy that wrote that fatalist post. He'll be a good victim.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc

My suggestion is somewhat more straight forward. Whether you study/train or not, fight. Don't be an easy victim, be a hard one. Fight with every fiber of your being whether you're 8 or 80, It doesn't matter. Let them know you're willing to die holding onto their nuts with a smile. Once they realize that, they'll go looking for the guy that wrote that fatalist post. He'll be a good victim.

Amen to that Brutha! :D

I especially like the bit about holding their nuts while you smile.:rofl:

--Dave

:asian:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And Jill also ... in fact almost everyone gave him the response he/she was probably looking for. I am glad I stay mainly here and don't have to deal with this most of the time.

Hmm... I wonder where he is from, trained, and in what? It sure is not the Kenpo I have felt and used.

"An open mind is like a parachute, ..."

Latest Discussions