Why Silat?

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
why the need for multiple short posts, wouldnt it be more efficient to post one longer one(although the posts are good ones)?

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In the big motion you find the small in the small you find the in between
these crucial motions.become the crux of training.a twist and a twitch replace a wave and a swing.Practice become's very subtle in a more perpetual sense.

Bobbe

White Belt
Reaction score
In the big motion you find the small in the small you find the in between these crucial motions.become the crux of training.a twist and a twitch replace a wave and a swing.Practice become's very subtle in a more perpetual sense.

One must first look up to see down.

The path to enlightenment starts at the beginning.

"Bleem" is not a word.

Asian chicks in tight shorts are hot.

See, I can do that too, make up go-nowhere nonsensical sing-song fortune cookie quotes in an attempt to sound like I know what I'm talking about while thumbing my nose at those I deign beneath me.

But I draw the line at annoying an entire forum with multiple posts, as if what I had to say was so important I couldn't possibly put it all into one space.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
OK. The object is to do more with less.less means refinement.The elbow only has to move three inches to break bones.But you dont see three inch elbow's in jurus.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am the entire forum.And so are you when your title appear's as far as Im concerned Im writing for myself and I do know what Im talking about.
every word I write is undisputable.irrefutable, unquestionable.how's that.
no one has a lock on truth. attack the message not the messenger.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
silat is street ,there's no time to care who is the better fighter.The psychology is as important as the technique's. you capture their attention with distraction, then you confuse their sense's with a series of strike's, since every strike can be countered every strike is a set up.then
while they are thinking about that you attack the leg's.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
So the 8 Juru's I learned over a decade ago are all just 1. *****, What about the Sambuts, And Lankas? Oh No! I was mislead. Teach me oh grand pooh bear. LOL. I love Mande Muda, Bukti Negara & even Maphilindo Silat. But I just read those names some where.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
exactly, if you can't put it together you have nothing .If you get attacked
how many jurus or sombuts are you going to use what motion's will you need .you wont know until the time. you have to flow from the 3rd motion from juru one to the 6 th of 5 to the 1st of 8 etc.. with out delay of thought, if your still counting 12345 instead of 42331 etc..then youve learned very little.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you telling me I am counting wrong? Or you think I just don't understand Silat as well as you? I could say the same about JF/JKD. You must be able to flow from kwan sao to pak sao da to double jut sao to bong sao at will. How about TSD? You must flow from Pinon Two 3rd sequence to Kibon Four 6th sequence. Or Kajukenbo? You must flow from Ram Enters to Tiger Shreds Flesh without thought. Many arts have their base priciples & techniques set in a basic format like an alphabet before a person can free from it. This is not exclusive to Silat. I aboslutly respect many forms of Silat, Harimau being my favorite (Name my first cat HARIMAU and he lived up to the name). I am just not sure what infinite beginner is saying. Sorry man but it does sound like you are speaking in metafors & fortune cookie speak to sound informed. If I am wrong about you, my bad, but I am not the only poster to think this. Silat has incredible finishes that are even illegal in Shooto (Shoot wrestling) because of its efficient brutality. "I Present Myself To The Creator- ETC..."

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am aware universal threads overlap,but I am only talking about silat, as I
understand it .Just searching for answer's like everyone else.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Juru's as I have learned are like interchangable socket's.if a set contains
7 jurus .you could fill a hundred phone book's with the combonation's
.If you only train in sequence you risk fighting in sequence.like comparing using an abacus to a calculator.silat take's a long time that's why those old master's are so good.they train their minds to work like fighting computers seeing 5 move's ahead.

infinite beginner

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Silat is silat ? there is no silat with out music and dance,flowing rhythm and broken timing forms the core.mad warrior dance that is embodied
in the handed down form's.Beyond this, system's and methods seem quite different

Last edited:

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Long ago in the distant future, from the shores of knowledge to the seas of mass confusion. I now see what you are saying infinite beginner. :)

Latest Discussions