Why does

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But to think you can go to the ground in the street is a little foolish
I've done it when bouncing. Strictly speaking, your authority as a bouncer ends at the door, but in a few cases I've had to take down and restrain morons to keep them from re-entering the bar, or because they attacked me or one of my bouncers when we got them outside. Having said that, I would only do it in a situation where I had no other choice, and preferably with backup.
The local LEOs appreciated the fact that all they had to do was roll up and slap the cuffs on. A few of the guys on night shift would roll up, see me with some idiot pinned down, shake their head, and ask, "Trespassing or Assault?" :lol:

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Certainly a valid technique, although there are some that'll argue, putting the knee strike into the same category as elbows to the spine. However, in this case, it looks like the knee worked wonders. :)

Whoa!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've done it when bouncing. Strictly speaking, your authority as a bouncer ends at the door, but in a few cases I've had to take down and restrain morons to keep them from re-entering the bar, or because they attacked me or one of my bouncers when we got them outside. Having said that, I would only do it in a situation where I had no other choice, and preferably with backup.
The local LEOs appreciated the fact that all they had to do was roll up and slap the cuffs on. A few of the guys on night shift would roll up, see me with some idiot pinned down, shake their head, and ask, "Trespassing or Assault?" :lol:

I agree about this Kreth. I have done it in my past and not something I liked when I did not have backup or lots of help. Some my worst times was on the ground and getting scared, and people getting really hurt becuase I was scared and wanted back on my feet.

I did help a LEO once on the ground. I asked him first, andmade sure he wanted contact help and not me to call for more help or back-up. :) ;)