Who's on 1st?

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to publicly say "thank you" to all concerned for the kind words and support. I think THAT is what martial arts should be about. It's a shame that something good can be turned sour by a couple bad apples. I didn't know I was that well thought of. I got choked up reading it all. Thank you. Could it be true that you get back what you put out there?

Dan McConnell
Modern Arnis of Ohio (that's mao, for short)

OP
S

Susumu Kodai

Mr McConnell,
It is very good to know that you have "friends". It has been said that one can be judged by whom he counts among his friends. It is refreshing to see you choose the high road in reply to my message. It is most heartening to see that you did not feel the need to avail yourself to the use of insults or childishness in your rebuttal. :2xbird: (see, he is smiling. This must mean I am 'joking' right Dan?) I am sorry if I hurt your feelings Mr. McConnell. Perhaps in the future, you will have thicker skin.

I do not see Kelly Worden listed as a member here. I am glad that my comments were deemed worthy to be read by such as him. I will comment on him later, I have more important individuals to deal with first. Modern Arnis people.

And not in this thread. We have drifted far. I will begin anew.

no fefe, Pappy Geo, rest of viewers: My background is Arnis. My concern is the current state of the Masters' art. Too many pretenders and "wannabes" are showing up, who have done nothing but use this art and this great man to make themselves look good. They have given nothing back. My 'agenda'? To cleanse the art.

I serve notice to the dishonorable among you...we are coming.

Who am I?

I remain, Kodai.

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Susumu Kodai

Who am I? I remain, Kodai.

By remaining anonymous do you really think that makes you creditable?

You may be right on with some of your remarks but not all are correct and some are only close truths or insinuations.

You have the right to your opinions, but why through a shadow? Would you not be so vocal if your identity were known? Is there a hidden agenda here? If not please disclose yourself to add creditability to your statements.

You have some very interesting comments but some are stabs in the dark like on Dan McConnell and you missed on that and that backfired on you buddy! Your creditability went down on that one. So maybe your other remarks are tainted?

Come out of the closet Sir so we can see if you are real and are in a respected position to make those kind of remarks on the players in Modern Arnis with "creditability"

If you have valid reasons for staying anonymous and don't want to go public with your idenity then your are welcome to email me at [email protected]

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even if Kodai provided us with a name, there isn't anything to stop him from providing us with a fake name. That's the nature of this medium. It is the gift and curse of the Internet. Anonymity.

Having said that, I will restate the board's policy of respecting members' anonymity. If they do not want their true names to be known, we will respect that. If someone 'outs' another against their will, and the 'outed' person asks us to, we will censor the material with the member's real name and issue a warning to the offender. The reasons for a person wanting anonymity are not important. The only thing that matters is the member's right to have that anonymity.

We understand that many of our members know each other. There may be times when a member accidentally pops a friend's real name on the board. That is bound to happen, and as long as there are no complaints, nothing will happen.

Some boards require posters to reveal their true name. This is not one of those boards.

Cthulhu

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't understand the philosophy behind anonymity, but I will respect it and withdraw my request for identity. I have nothing to hide nor an agenda as I am a nobody in the scheme of things. But I do expect the veirfable truth.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a real good reason why we allow anonymity: it's virtually impossible to verify a member is providing a real name, short of also requiring credit card and SSN information. I know I wouldn't provide that type of information, and I'm a moderator. Even if we required a person to give a real name when registering, all they'd have to do is put 'Joe Blow' or somesuch, and there wouldn't be much we could do about it.

Again, the reasons for a person wishing to remain anonymous are not important. The important thing is that member's right to be anonymous. You can ask a person to give you their real name, and if they want, they can either post it on the board, or PM it to you. However, if that person does so, and requests that the information isn't shared, and somebody shares it anyway, that's just wrong. Not just on this board, but everywhere.

But, I'm beating a dead horse. I'll lay it to rest now.

Cthulhu

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pappy,
It basically boils down to, theres no reliable way we can verify ID, without turning MT into a pay service and require Credit cards. I will not do that (too much paper work for one) ;)

Also, some people require it due to their placements in an organization. 1 flame war can kill a lot of hard earned reputation. Or create serious heat within an organization.

Note: We don't stop anyone from IDing themselves. When I'm just posting for fun here, I'm "Kaith". I've used that handle for oh, I dunno, 15 years? But you'll note, when I have to get "official" I sign my name. Also, I'll do the same when I'm on other forums who want a name. We also have a spot on your profile that if you want to list your real name, you can.

In regards to "Kodai"...that may be his name. It may not be. Its up to him to reveil.

Peace.
Bob

:asian:

OP
S

Susumu Kodai

Originally posted by Pappy Geo

By remaining anonymous do you really think that makes you creditable?

You may be right on with some of your remarks but not all are correct and some are only close truths or insinuations.

You have the right to your opinions, but why through a shadow? Would you not be so vocal if your identity were known? Is there a hidden agenda here? If not please disclose yourself to add creditability to your statements.

You have some very interesting comments but some are stabs in the dark like on Dan McConnell and you missed on that and that backfired on you buddy! Your creditability went down on that one. So maybe your other remarks are tainted?

Come out of the closet Sir so we can see if you are real and are in a respected position to make those kind of remarks on the players in Modern Arnis with "creditability"

If you have valid reasons for staying anonymous and don't want to go public with your idenity then your are welcome to email me at [email protected]

Mr. Hoover,
I thank you for your generous offer, but must decline.

My information in most instances comes from reliable sources that have been with Grandmaster for a long time. Many things I have heard, but I attempt to only point to that which you can verify for yourself. A whisper in the dark is not verifiable. The recorded written record is. My targets are principle players in the Arnis world. I attempt to point the interested at information to reveal truth. An email may be forged, a tape edited. But a snapshot in time is static.

If I have been mistaken in regards to Mr. McConnell, then I do apologize. I mean no offence by this, but perhaps he is not so visible a target as to have had enough impact to leave a record.

Once again, I thank you for your honorable kindness. But, some information would work against our goals.

To answer 1 of your questions, my name is Susumu Kodai. I have trained with high ranked students of Grandmaster. I have not had privilege of meeting him.

I remain, Kodai.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wanted to add here, that personal attacks on members will not be tolerated. If you have a personal problem with someone, take it to email or PM. I have no desire to see this forum turn into a flame-war, and ruined by a few people who get their jollys from being jerks.

Its always been my belief that training and studing the arts sets us above the common street thug, who only sees joy in the pain they cause. I've always thought we aspired to better things.

Most of the time, I am proven right.

Mao's a valued member of this forum.

Kodai, if youre gonna go around pointing fingers, stick to those you can handle. A few comments taken out of context from a limited posting here, proved nothing. At least with JD, you had something big to point out.

Valuable insites into things, but, don't be a jerk about it.

Ok?

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kaith - Here's a personal attack on you :flame: How's that for humor. Actually, it is a good idea to leave the personal bullets for in person. That way they can get handled right away.
Dan
PS - my website is back up! Yay! www.danandersonkarate.com
PPS - buy my books! :D

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson

PS - my website is back up!

Good news!

PPS - buy my books! :D

Can you put up a brief demo or explanation of the e-book? I'm not sure what to expect from one! Is it formatted like a traditional book (one page follows the other and you read through it) or like a hypertext document that you browse?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm...Dan, I'm outclassed here...
I need back up...

Charge!
[move]
:uzi:
:mp5:
:zap: :sig:
:ak47:
:mp5:
[/move]

Note: IE/NS6/Opera users should see a charge. NS4 should see static. Test of a new tag. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once I get the bugs out, I'll be posting an expanded listing of codes.

Thanks! :)

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,
An ebook is a book on CD ROM. You pop it in your computer and thanks to the miracles of technology called autorun, a screen opens up, you click on the book and it appears like magic. Then the fun begins. On the top of the screen you'll find pages to size the book to your screen. Then you can use the arrows to turn the pages or use the handy dandy table of contents to find the section you want and it'll go directly to it. There are also thumbnail photos of each page if you want to go to a particuular page. More fun than humans should be allowed to have.

Then there is the data contained in it. Eeeyowww! All sorts of good stuff. I hope that answers the question of what an ebook is.
Dan
PS - the second one on karate sparring is now finished and I am working on Advanced Modern Arnis - A Road To Mastery. The photo shoot is this weekend. I am very excited about it and it should be done in time for Buffalo.

Latest Discussions