Who's on 1st?

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that none of this confusion would have happened if icepick could find his way to class nore often. :erg: :erg:

Where are ya big guy ?

OP
I

Icepick

In Rochester, rolling on the floor with large sweaty men. I love it.

OP
K

Kyle

I just want to point out that Icepick is, in fact, fully clothed during said activity.

- Kyle

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also would like to congratulate everyone
who can pull off a good test and be awarded
a Lakan Tatlo, and for all the others on
the previously mentioned list who were also able
to get their ranks on the cools certificates.

I have seen them also and they look very nice
and detailed.

Best wishes on that subject.
Rich

OP
D

douggie

Hey,

I just looked up Mao in the Chinese dictionary. It said: "see sniper". It must give Mr. Mao a supreme feeling to throw his tiny bullets into the campfire and watch the explosions ensue. Damn the powers that be that didn't create me to be beyond reproach and allow me to sit on the bench at the sidelines. That way I could also stick my foot out to trip and laugh at others as they carry the ball downfield. Do you notice how easily some people can be read?

OP
S

Susumu Kodai

Certificate very nice. Grandmaster would be proud.

My complements to those who received them.

I remain, Kodai.

OP
S

Susumu Kodai

douggie,

You may ask MAO yourself. He is an example of what is wrong with Modern Arnis today. He knows everything. He is a VIP.

By the way, I know lotts about the MOTTS because I am on the board of directors of the IMAF,inc. (Dr. Randi Shea)and have been training with them for some years now. This is not meant to be political, only so that people know that I know the difference between my butt and a hole in the ground.
Dan McConnell
Modern Arnis of Ohio

Text from WMAC forum.
Modern Arnis of Ohio = MAO.

Mr McConnell like to snipe. Always hides it with a :) or ;) but snipe he does. MOTT can do tapi-tapi. You are master of a technique. You not a master of Modern Arnis. I think Mr McConnell suffers from what Americans call "Penis Envy" problem. MAO you stir up trouble, hide behind veil of "anonymous". Act untouchable, and whine like a baby puppy when someone corrects you. Always there with a snipe. You think your so special. You are now unmasked.

Let your actions and words now reflect on the organization you represent.

Your sins will repay you in time.

I remain, Kodai.

(edited for grammer) by Kodai

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
A couple more weenies looking to pick a fight. Yes, My REAL name is Dan McConnell. I live in Columbus, Ohio. Many on here know me. Many don't. In case your not up on the smile faces, which kodai must not be since you can't even type decent english, they help distinguish between 'SNIPES' and 'PLAY'. Pull your heads outta your butts. Where have you been. I haven't even been on this forum in quite some time. I was informed by a friend, Datu Kelly Worden in case you want to know his REAL name, that I was being attacked on this forum. I come here to read you two nitwits trying to stir things up. YOU are whats wrong with martial arts in general. Kodai, why don't you quote the whole post from WMAC instead of trying to take it out of context. I was not calling myself a VIP, you twit. You two are not very wise, sniping at someone you know extremely little about. I don't need to snipe. I'll say it the way it is. Kodai, I don't think I'm special and I certainly don't think that I know everything. My sins? Tell me what you think you know about my sins. As for the organization I belong to, I'm proud of it. Unmasked, B.F.D.! :moon:

OP
I

Icepick

I don't think that anyone attacking Dan has ever met him. All around, one of the nicest guys I've met in the martial arts. He's happy with the people he trains with, and encourages others to train with them. That's not any different from anyone else. And I don't think he ever tried to hide his identity here.

:cuss:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mao

Unmasked, B.F.D.!

I'm glad to see you posting here again Mr. McConnell but sorry that it must be in the context of these heated comments by Susumu Kodai and douggie. I do hope that you'll consider continuing reading and posting here nonetheless.

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kaith,

What the hell is this about slamming Dan McConnell like that? Who is this guy Susumu Kodai?

What kind of productive and informative posting is this supposed to be. This really promotes the integrity of Martial Arts? It appears he is acting out what he is accusing Dan of.

I am sorry to see this thread degenerate to this level.

That is the way I see it!

Pappy Geo

OP
B

Bob

What kind of productive and informative posting is this supposed to be. This really promotes the integrity of Martial Arts? It appears he is acting out what he is accusing Dan of.

I would have to agree with this...

Bob

OP
B

Bob

Whew! I finally got here! I was having issues trying to get here but I figured it out. I wanted to mention that Kelly Worden has defined MOTT/tapi-tapi pretty well. The Professor had said that this was the highest expression on modern arnis. He called it "the heart of the art". This smarts, to some people. Remy said these things though, not the MOTTS. They simply echoed them. As .2 Kelly has said in the past, modern arnis was,is,and will probably continue to be a dynamic, evolving system. Professor used to say "explore, it is all there". Many that have gone before, Kelly is an example, continue to stay active and grow. We should explore and grow, for not to do so would mean stagnation. Remy was certainly not letting any moss grow under his feet. It is true that Remy picked these 7 people (motts) to continue to propagate and spread and teach the art under the umbrella of the IMAF. All but one has done this. This does not mean nor do the MOTTS think that they are all that and a bag of chips . It would be wonderful if we were all one big happy family. I doubt this will happen, however, due to ego's, differing opinions, peoples hurt feelings and the like. I do think that if we are all honest and respectful and give credit where it is due that modern arnis will be just fine. I am glad to be a part of this forum as it appears that there will be some very talented, mature (I almost typed manure! ) people contributing. Lets play! By the way, I know lotts about the MOTTS because I am on the board of directors of the IMAF,inc. (Dr. Randi Shea)and have been training with them for some years now. This is not meant to be political, only so that people know that I know the difference between my butt and a hole in the ground.

For the record there is the full message Mr. McConnell wrote, I personally do not see where he is bragging or claiming anything more then what he is. Mr. McConnell believes in what he is doing, and shows loyalty to his organization, I do not see a problem in this. He has always been very honest and opened minded on Martial talk, I do not see where he deserves this attack he has recieved and how it is productive to this thread.
I also don't understand how this thread that started out talking about certificates turned into a blantant attack?

Bob Riley

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

Mr. McConnell believes in what he is doing, and shows loyalty to his organization, I do not see a problem in this. He has always been very honest and opened minded on Martial talk, I do not see where he deserves this attack

I agree--Mr. McConnell has been open-minded and patient, and his presence on the board has been helpful. We have had official or unoffifial representatives of a very broad assortment of Modern Arnis groups posting here--every group save Mr. Delaney's, unless I am mistaken--and that has been great and has led to many insights.

Unfortunately all threads on the succession issues in Modern Arnis have been difficult and contentious, producing heat as well as light. I think that what they have produced makes them worthwhile but that is just my opinion.

I also don't understand how this thread that started out talking about certificates turned into a blantant attack?

It is the nature of threads, like conversations, to drift--especially when persons with agendas are posting in them, as seems to have been the case here.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen this comment several places, and it fits here. "Do Not Feed The Trolls". There are many ways to answer a post such as Mr. Kodais'. You can react and lash out, or respond in a polite professional manner. Or, ignore it totally. The choice is yours.

To someone who doesn't know the history between some of you gentlemen, many comments made by several individuals could be construed as sniping or cutting. I see most of them as the type of friendly 'ribbing' that goes on between friends.
I've seen Dan and Tim Hartman go back and forth here on many threads. Having communicated with both gentlemen in the past, -I- know they are friends. Mr. Kodai most likely does not, and does not understand what is going on.

I am debating several courses of action on this one. In the last 3 days we have banned 2 users and issues about a dozen warnings. Its been an interesting week.

Pappy, I don't have an answer for you. My guess is someone who's pissed at the current state of insanity in the MA world who is lashing out with a personal agenda. But, other than being annoying, we have no real reason to kill the account. If we got rid of everyone with a personal agenda here, I'd probably be talking to myself.

On the downside, we have an attack on a valued member. On the other side, we now have more information on the -official- IMAF viewpoint of things. That isn't bad, and its what I've wanted for a while...more MA organization representation. Theres a ton of groups, and neither version of the IMAF really takes advantage of the exposure Modern Arnis has here.

Let the information you bring, and the way you present it be your message. If you present yourself, and your organization in a positive manner, and "dont feed the trolls", both you and your organization will score points.

I've taken a moment to email MAO personally on the matter.

As a reminder to everyone, Personal attacks on an individual will not be tolerated. Unsubstantiated attacks are just so much "he said, she said" crap and we will start tossing posts and/or threads in the future containing such things. We are suposed to be better than this crap.

Bob Hubbard
MartialTalk Admin.

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you, Bob Hubbard.

It would help if a person knew who is Susumu Kodai? I am not sure what his agenda is, or what organization he is attempting to defend?

By the way is there a spellcheck that I am missing on the posting format?

Thanks Brother,

Pappy Geo

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pappy,
Nope. There is an optional spellchecker for this software, but it's rather pricey. I try to do a cut/paste into MS word and spellcheck there if its really important I get it right. Usually, I just say the hell with it and let my typos show. :)

Unless a person has entered in their name when they signed up, I have no way of knowing who's who, unless they ID themselves. According to his profile, Kodai is Kodai. Even if we went and made it a requirement to sign with your real name, how can we be sure the name being signed is the real one?

I'd like to know what the agenda is too....

Peace.:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

In the last 3 days we have banned 2 users and issues about a dozen warnings.

This has been distressing, and I certainly hope that it need not occur again soon.

As a reminder to everyone, Personal attacks on an individual will not be tolerated.

Please use the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of each post, or PM or e-mail a moderator directly, to make a complaint or to notify the moderators about a situation! The moderators cannot read every post, I regret--the board is too big now.

Not feeding trolls is good advice. Remember also that from a link on a member's profile you can ignore that person. This is the classic USENET advice:

I. Thou Shalt Not Offend.
II. Thou Shalt Not Be Easily Offended.

OP
N

no fefe

I saw those attacks on Dan earlier and I was about to reply but I figured man these a-holes that are attacking Dan are simply clueless. I have been around here enough to see Dan and Tim "harass" each other playfully even if the conversation gets a little hot they keep it respectful. The people who complain about sniping and then do it themselves are... well..... everybody has a different word for it so I will leave it to your imagination. I haven't met Dan in person but by reading his posts I can tell that he is genuine person who has the intestinal fortitude to be upfront with people when he has a problem with them. I found it funny that one person that attacked Dan, just signed up for that purpose because it was their first post which usually means one thing TROLL.

Kodai seems to be a troll but he has been able to put up some interesting facts but I wonder what is his personal agenda??

Another interesting thing is that if you (you in general not anyone specific) do not train in Modern Arnis then why in the F!!!! do you care about what is going on??????? It has gotten to the point that is beyond ridiculous and into pointlessness.

I have been "playing" on different boards enough to see so many trolls come and go that if bootyholes were airplanes bulletin boards would be the busiest airports in the world.

Anyway......

Robert Koenig

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if Susumu Kodai would come back and post his background to help us understand his irrationality?

Geo Hoover
Student of
Datu Worden
Pacific NW

Latest Discussions