Who Moved Ben's Thread???

DWeidman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Please move the UFC thread back - this is germane to the Ninjutsu forums (and it makes NO sense in the MMA forum)...

Thanks,

-Daniel Weidman

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Post in question was moved by a staff member as it appeared to have nothing to do with Ninjutsu.

The introductory comments appear to be a look at the growth of the UFC.
"This article is a fascinating look at how the introduction of rules and government oversight have helped UFC grow into a legitimate SPORT."

bencole

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Post in question was moved by a staff member as it appeared to have nothing to do with Ninjutsu.

"This article is a fascinating look at how the introduction of rules and government oversight have helped UFC grow into a legitimate SPORT."

So you didn't read the ENTIRE point of the post before moving it? Hmm....

I wouldn't post something in the "Traditional Ninjutsu" forum if it didn't have SOME connection to the art. The discussion of "martial arts" vs. "martial sports" is a prevalent one. The thread informs a greater discussion about "rules" and limits of certain types of training.

Being the person who posted it, clearly, I could be called biased toward its inclusion in the Ninjutsu section. Thanks for posting, Dan. I wonder what others think?

-ben

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wasn't the one who moved it, however, I did in fact read it.
It was moved based on the fact that:
- There is no mention of Ninjutsu in the post.
- The introductory comment ""This article is a fascinating look at how the introduction of rules and government oversight have helped UFC grow into a legitimate SPORT.""
- It looks at Dos and Don'ts of the UFC.

I do agree that the discussion of "art" vs "sport", as well as rules and limits are good ones. The question here is, there is simply no indication in the original post on it having anything to do with this section, so why would we somehow assume it was anything but in the wrong section? If it's a specific topic, say comparing and contrasting ninjutsu training with art and sport training, then, definitely, it belongs here. But if it's just a general "art vs sport" discussion, it should go in the general forum.
I'll suggest it be moved back shortly.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe, when it does come back to the Ninjutsu forum, Ben could come back on and write up a "This relates to Ninjutsu or concepts about Ninjutsu because of X-Y-Z.....etc." in order to show this relevance.
Because, like Bob thought, it didn't look to be in the right place to me as it had everything to do with the evolution of the UFC and didn't mention Ninjutsu.

....just me thinkin....

Your Brother
John

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:

Bob, I can see where you might would think it belongs in the MMA forum. However, as Ben has pointed out, there has been a long-standing discussion surrounding the differences between "martial arts" and "martial sports" with regards to the point of our training in Traditional Ninjutsu. So at a quick glance it may appear to be posted in the wrong place, but having knowledge of this greater discussion/debate, I believe it should be in the Traditional Ninjutsu forum. I couldn't imagine Ben submitting a post that was not relavent to Traditional Ninjutsu.

bencole

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
I moved the thread back.

Thank you. I apologize for any confusion I created. I was just joining a long held discussion without really referencing it. Thanks for bringing the thread back.

Regards,

-ben