Who is your favorite boxer? Why?

Zujitsuka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Personally, I like Chris Byrd. The guy is a very small heavyweight, but he will take on all comers. This guy is known to put ads in newspapers asking for fights. How 'Gracie-esque', huh? :) No one has ever accused Chris Byrd of ducking them. Plus, he seems like such a nice, classy guy.

Of course I'm also a Roy Jones, Jr. fan. I've been following Roy since the Seoul Olympics (1988).

So, how about you folks? Who do you like?

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Roy Jones Jr. - Pound for pound, he's currently the best. He's undefeated as a pro. Well, okay, he does have that one loss due to a DQ. Can that really be counted?

Oscar Dela Hoya - Even though he has a few losses, he's an excellent boxer, tactician with very good skills. Would have probably beaten Tito Trinidad if he hadn't run the last 4 rounds of their fight.

Felix Tito Trinidad - When he's on he's a very impressive fighter. Hope enough cash is flashed his way to get him to come out of retirement. I, along with many fight fans I'm sure, would like to see a rematch with Dela Hoya.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Favorite Boxer of all time?

I'd have to say Jack Dempsey. Watching him pummel guys that seemed twice his size like they were his B***ches in the old black and white footage is just too cool to watch. The amount of power that he could generate given his size and appearance of lack of technique has always amazed me. That was back in the days of 6 oz. gloves, and when boxing was really tough (not that it isn't tough now, but you get what I mean).

I

Infight

Acelino PoPo Freitas, cause hes undefeated til today, and almost all his wins were by knockouts (speaking like a brazilian fan)
Know conciously, the best of ever was Mike Iron Tyson, brute, fast, strong, in his best shape unbeatable!

M

MartialArtist

Sugar Ray Robinson
Roy Jr.
Ali
De La Hoya
Tyson
Klitchsko sp?

W

westernwarrior

Daniel Mendoza. Supposedly he was the man who put the science into the sweet science. He was 140 pounds and fought against guys twice his size when there were almost no rules and no gloves. Got to love the pugilists.

D

Deathtrap101

I know nobody has heard of him but my favourit boxer has to be my cousin. Cody Kelly, local champ not 100% sure too where he stands at now but i know he can kick some seriouse ***. beleive he was champ at provincials last year(81kg catagory). And im sure he has many more titles that i currently do not feel like looking up.

J

jefroman

In no particular order...

Rocky Marciano
Sugar Ray Robinson
Joe Louis
Ali

Jeff

K

KenpoDragon

Mt current favorite boxer has to be Roy Jones Jr.

My all time list would be "Iron" Mike Tyson (pre Buster Douglas)
"Sugar" Ray Leonard
Julio Caesar Chavez
Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield
Felix Trinidad
Muhammad Ali

:boxing:

J

jefroman

Here's my new list...

Mike Tyson (before Douglas)
Jack Dempsey
Rocky Marciano
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Sugar Ray Robinson

Jeff

T

tmanifold

My fav's:

Jones, Jr. For some one who beats every one he faces easily he gets no respect. The guy went form middle to heavy weight and had titles the whole way.

Mickey Ward-pure heart, pure warrior

Evander holyfield- will fight anyone any time and place, even if he can't remember where it is.

Least favorite:

Lennox Lewis - Can that guy duck anymore people, honestly.

De La Hoya- the guy barely wins any more and still gets the best paydays in boxing.

Tyson (now) some one really has to put a muzzle on that guy. Anyone seen his latest interview.

Tony

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have 2 people that I really liked in boxing
Marvin Hagler (sp) and Ali