Who is the most Impressive martial artis that you have personaly seen

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill "SuperFoot" Wallace...

William De Thoaurs aka "Uncle Bill"...(I probably spelled his name wrong..Forgive me)

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll second Superfoot, we had a seminar last weekend with him. Phenomenal martial artist, even greater person.

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
My answer will be Kenpo vs non Kenpo/ Canada vs US, In Canada for Kenpo is Jamie Seabrook non Kenpo Mike Bernardo. States side Kenpo, Larry Tatum non Kenpo, Prof Wally Jay.

I am picking Larry Tatum, hands down, as well for Kenpo.

Also, because I love sparring so much, I have to include Superfoot Bill Wallace on the list. My former Kung Fu instructor, Paul Chau, is pretty darn good as well, having trained for close to 50 years, and still in great shape, moving well, and easily able to take on much younger black belts in continuous fighting.

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doreen Cogliandro (has a school in Revere MA)

Sita Van (instructor at Mrs.C's school in Revere)

David Staples (has a school in Worcester MA)

Kim Deacon (my instructor in Manville RI)

all kenpo stylests

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Grand Master Bill Lasiter, Kung Fu San Soo, 1st generation master of KFSS founder Jimmy H Woo. A relatively small man, when Bill moves it's simply poetry plus power. And he's almost 70 years old.

loyalonehk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sijo Emperado
GM Gumataotao
Professor Harper
Sijo Bruce Millsap
GM Vince Black
Guro Ron Harris
GM Ted Sotelo
GM Ted Tabura
Prof. Clarence Emperado
GM Emil Bautista
Sigung Alan Abad
Professor John Bishop
Sigung Susan Thomas
Sigung Alex
Master Jerry Hyde
Master Jerry Cook
Professor Bono
GM Maschmier
GM Estalillia
Guro Bansuelo

No particullar order... Just a few that I have been fortunate enough to learn from in person.

They all are most impressive in their own realm of MA's abilities and contributions.

As far as fighting - hands down Prof Greg Harper (my teacher) and GM Ted Sotelo.

Healing and internal arts - GM Vince Black!

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
* i would have just edited my post above if i could*

Professor Zach Whitson is now on my list after this weekends seminar :D

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
The one who most surprised me? I would have to say, Mr.Joseph Palanzo. Back in the mid 80's apprx. 85-87. Mr.Palanzo came to Cleveland,Oh. To do one of his first solo seminars. He taught a tek or two, and in the instructor session he went over the EPAK version of L6. His kenpo was flawless. As was his attitude. Being a somewhat vertically(no disrespect intended) challenged gent. I was very surprised when he fired off a beautiful spinning heel kick. While he was relaying a conversation he had with Tokey Hill. It was just executed so well. I think the point of the kick. Was to demonstrate the kenpo could fare with the best of them. No matter the criteria, or conditions. He really impressed me with his skill, and attitude.

1stJohn1:9

DojoWeb

White Belt
Reaction score
Here is my list of the most impressive martial artists I have personally met and trained with:

1. Robert Bussey
2. Mike Wadiak (Isshinryu Karate)
3. Ron Nagrodski (Isshinryu Karate - best instructor I know)
2. Royce Gracie
3. Jeremy Horn
4. Bill Wallace

DojoWeb

White Belt
Reaction score
Here is my list of the most impressive martial artists I have personally met and trained with:

1. Robert Bussey
2. Royce Gracie
3. Jeremy Horn
4. Bill Wallace

WOW! I can't count. I edited my list and forgot to change the numbers.

1. Robert Bussey
4. Royce Gracie
5. Jeremy Horn
6. Bill Wallace

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ed Parker, Tino Tuiolosega, Jimmy Woo, James Ibrao, Rudy Tuiolosega, Chuck Norris, Jeff Speakman, Bill Wallace, Don Wilson, Bob Wall, Benny "the Jet", Steve Labounty, Eric Lee.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For those of you out there who have meet Al McLuckie in my opinion he is the most amazing martial artist that I habe personaly see.

I have met and attended many seminars by Al and he is without a doubt a top notch Martial Artist. I have also attended many seminars by Martin Wheeler and he too his a top notch Martial Artist that you can't go wrong training with. I met Mr. Parker once around 1988 but I could see that he was one of the best ever.

But for the most impressive I would say Mikhail Rybako first and Vladimir Vasilliev second. With Mikhail here's the round barrell of a person with a smile as big as the sun, looks like santa and hits like a truck. For such a large person to move as light on his feet the way he does is marvelous to watch.

With Vlad here's a person that can say so much with so few words you'll never fail to learn a thing or two from him every time he speaks. His movement, his timing and ability to hit so hard with no obvious intent is amazing to see.

I've seen a lot of Martial Artists since I first started way back in 1976 but those two people are the best I've ever seen in person.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Royce Gracie, Dan Inosanto, Soke Hatsumi Masaaki, Nagato Toshiro Shihan, Noguchi Yukio Shihan, Sensei Jerry Gould, Ray Schardijn.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Eugene Sedeno

hands down, no comparison, best I have ever seen. Not really an EPAK Black Belt(though he does have a 5th dan cert from SGM Parker) but all around? no one compares to him.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Although I have only been involved in Kenpo for 3 years, I have had the privilege of training from Mr Richard "Huk" Planas and his brother Ed, who teaches Kabaroan Eskrima, and Mr Trejo, all three are very impressive.

punkraucous

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm most impressed by my former instructor, Douglas C. Eaton.
You had to earn every belt you wore, yet still could train with higher ranks, as long as you could keep up.
He taught Ed Parker's American Kenpo in Santa Cruz, CA.
Where I've met Michael Robert Pick, and other great American Kenpo Artists.
Anybody know of any UKF schools near Malibu?

Thanks,
Jeff Allen

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jeff,

I don't teach in Malibu, but you are welcome to visit my place in Westlake Village - about 20 miles from Malibu, up Kanan Road.

I drop down to Malibu several times a week (in good weather) to go diving between Malibu and County Line. Lobster season was good to me this year with a over 40 lobster in the bag.

Although I don't teach Mr. Pick's style of Kenpo, he and I have been friends for many years and I recently taught with him at Sean Kelleys Florida Kenpo Camp.

You can check out my web site at www.PacificKenpo.com

Reaper

White Belt
Reaction score
i have to agree with Rick Wade. I have personally met Mr. Joe Palanzo Mr. Larry Tatum And Mr. Speakman and i thought the world of them as far as a kenpo artist then i met Mr. Pick. when he enters a room you can just feel his energy and his power, when he walks in just his presence demands attention. I truely can see why he is who is is in the kenpo world and why Mr. Parker had chosen him to accompany MR. Parker on his affairs. I have also met lots of great martial artists touring on the iska circuit as well as naska Christine Roderigues ( sorry if i spelt her name wrong) Bill superfoot wallace and i would have to say that just about every true artist is a great artist in some way shape or form. I know this post was long winded but I just wanted to share my thoughts on Mr. Pick and i get to see him this saturday at a seminar he is doing at my school so im really excited.

Latest Discussions