Who are the republicans?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gene Sperling, advisor to obama wants a global minimum tax...

http://www.breitbart.tv/wh-advisor-wants-global-minimum-tax/

The video is taken from C-span so anti-breitbarters can watch the video if they want to...
dot.gif
Gene Sperling, Director, White House Nation Economic Council: “He supports corporate tax reform that would reduce expenditures and loopholes, lower rates for people investing and creating jobs in the U.S., due so further for manufacturing, and that we need to, as we have the Buffett Rule and the individual tax reform, we need a global minimum tax so that people have the assurance that nobody is escaping doing their fair share as part of a race to the bottom or having our tax code actually subsidized and facilitate people moving their funds to tax havens."

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Panorama: Poor America, BBC One, Monday, 13 February at 20:30 GMT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_9695000/9695217.stm

Does the American 'serious' media (not counting the Entertainment News that seems to comprise most political commentary linked here) actually get to purvey anything that countervails the clanging of the "Greed is Good, Too Bad for the Losers" bell?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How many of the families discussed are from single parent homes, with multiple children from different dads, the surest way to generational poverty that there is. That fact goes beyond race as well.

In the U.S. there isn't anything but "The greedy rich need to pay their fair share," in the mainstream media, it is just about all you hear. Newt mentioned that welfare recipients have increased under obama and they called him a racist, so much for the "serious" media. If that show mentioned obama the way they did they too would have been called racists.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a prince of the main stream media, David Gregory, former white house correspondent and his interview with Newt...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...ngrich-being-racist-calling-obama-food-stamp-

NEWT GINGRICH: You want to be a country that creates food stamps, in which case frankly Obama's is an enormous success. The most successful food stamp president in American history. Or do you want to be a country that creates paychecks?
(End videotape)
Gregory.png
GREGORY: First of all, you gave a speech in Georgia with language a lot of people think could be coded racially-tinged language, calling the president, the first black president, a food stamp president.

GINGRICH: Oh, come on, David.
GREGORY: What did you mean? What was the point?
REP. GINGRICH: That's, that's bizarre. That--this kind of automatic reference to racism, this is the president of the United States. The president of the United States has to be held accountable. Now, the idea that--and what I said is factually true. Forty-seven million Americans are on food stamps. One out of every six Americans is on food stamps. And to hide behind the charge of racism? I have--I have never said anything about President Obama which is racist.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
billcihak said:
How many of the families discussed are from single parent homes, with multiple children from different dads, the surest way to generational poverty that there is. That fact goes
beyond race as well.

What.....difference.......does.......that.....make???

And you probably call yourself a Christian.

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. [SUP]32[/SUP] All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. [SUP]33[/SUP] He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. [SUP]34[/SUP] “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. [SUP]35[/SUP] For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, [SUP]36[/SUP] I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
[SUP]37[/SUP] “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? [SUP]38[/SUP] When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? [SUP]39[/SUP] When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
[SUP]40[/SUP] “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
/

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Statistics show that children from single parent homes do worse over all than children from two parent homes. Higher crime rates, more poverty and more drug use. In fact, a two parent home is a big factor in life success. How does that fact make me less of a christian? Look...at...the ...stats. Did I say at any point that they should be allowed to starve, that they should be beaten or killed? You might want to reread my post elder...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sukerkin, what do you mean by "Greed" anyway? Do you mean the people who, through their own genius, cleverness, or hard work make a lot of money, or do you mean the politicians who then write laws to confiscate that money to buy power and influence?

American rich people give vast sums of money to almost every charity you can concieve of both here in the States and abroad. If you track down the stats you will find that Americans give more to charity than I think any other country. So where would the greed actually be?

Here is an article on Charitable giving...by country...the Kingdom doesn't fair as well as others...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/sep/08/charitable-giving-country

The World Giving Index - published by the Charities Aid foundation - used Gallup surveys of 195,000 people in 153 nations, and asked people whether they had given money to charity or volunteered or helped a stranger in the last month. It also asked respondents to rank how happy they are with life.
The UK came eighth on the index and finished joint third, alongside Thailand, in terms of giving money, with 73% of the population having donated to charity. However its former colonial possessions - Australia, New Zealand and the United States - were far more charitable. In Europe only Ireland, Switzerland and Holland fared better.

If this info. is correct, does that meant that the British are "greedier" than Americans?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here you are elder, a way to cure poverty...from Walter E. Williams...

The actual list starts at 1:05 on the video...

And more thoughts on single parent families and poverty...

http://www.demography.state.mn.us/resource.html?Id=2272

The growing number of children living in single-parent families was one reason for the rise in child poverty. Not only are more children living with a single parent, but single-parent families are more likely to be poor than they used to be. Increased poverty among single-parent families may be tied to the growth in childbearing by unmarried women, the report says.
The number of children of never-married mothers was found by other studies to have a striking relationship to poverty.

and here...

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2002/04/the-effect-of-marriage-on-child-poverty
  • [*]The poverty rate for all children in married-couple families is 8.2 percent. By contrast, the poverty rate for all children in single-parent families is four times higher at 35.2 percent.[3]
    [*]The number of single-parent families has grown considerably since the onset of the War on Poverty. In 1960, less than 12 percent of children lived in single-parent families. By 2000, that figure had more than doubled, rising to 27.6 percent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions