which is ure favourite kata

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is pronounce phonectically, Say Yoon Cheen.
I don't know if that helps, but there it is.Or some pronounce it Say een cheen.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't you mean chinto? Shinto is a religion.
Chinto is a good kata.
Chinto and Gojushiho are the last 2 kata I want to add to my curriculum eventually. I am working on Gojushiho but have only seen Chinto. I really like Chinto though.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Brandon, you are talking about the Shorin ryu versions of Gojushiho and Chinto? I know two versions of Chinto, the one taught to me by my teacher and the Wado ryu(WKF) version. I learned an old version of gojushiho and the Shotokan versions,dai and sho.

jtbdad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In response to the original post my favorite Kata tends to be the one I am currently working on. I know that sounds a little shallow but it's true. I an currently working on Kusanku.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like that kusanku, The Matsubayashi Shorin ryu version always gave me fits, The Dropping stance,( I know thats not the name for it), hard on my knees.

jtbdad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I like that kusanku, The Matsubayashi Shorin ryu version always gave me fits, The Dropping stance,( I know thats not the name for it), hard on my knees.

Yeah and it gets harder on your knees the older you get. From what I understand GM Nagamine (Nagamine Sensei) was sharp with this Kata into his 70's. His son is regularly in Columbus, I hope someday to ask him.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you affiliated with Takiyoshi Nagamine Soke's organization? Just curious. There are so many Matsubayashi Shorin ryu organizations now it is hard to keep track.

jtbdad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are you affiliated with Takiyoshi Nagamine Soke's organization? Just curious. There are so many Matsubayashi Shorin ryu organizations now it is hard to keep track.

No I am not, currently I am not associated with any Matsubayashi Ryu organization.

If I go back to train with Sensei Dickerson then I will be a part of theirs. (the head of which is Master Hixson Sr.)

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, Ok. sensei Dickerson is a good teacher. Really there are only a few in Columbus that are affiliated with the WMKA. And only a few that are affilited with the WSKF(Hanshi Grants Group), The rest are from the AKF or ASKA. I wonder if there are any involved with Shorin ryu USA Scagalion's group?

jtbdad

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh, Ok. sensei Dickerson is a good teacher. Really there are only a few in Columbus that are affiliated with the WMKA. And only a few that are affilited with the WSKF(Hanshi Grants Group), The rest are from the AKF or ASKA. I wonder if there are any involved with Shorin ryu USA Scagalion's group?

Not really sure I will call Brian and ask.

Brian and I grew up in the same neighborhood, a really bad one. We have known each other for at least 28 years. Brian is an excellent technician and well as tactition. He studied more in depth than I and trained harder, the difference is very obvious. He is an excellent man of character.