Where have YOU been?

E

edhead2000

So I'm 99.9% sure that (as a combined forum) we've been to all the states in the US. The 0.1% is Rhode Island. Of course, I am a firm believer that Rhode Island doesn't actually exist. I think it's a government conspiracy.......kind of like Area 51 -- everyone thinks they know it exists, but noone's actually been there or knows exactly where it is. Two reasons for this thought:

1. My family took a trip out west when I was about 12. As you all know, being cooped up in a car at that age is none too fun. So my parents got me one of those travel game car book things. One of the actitivies involved counting how many license plates you saw from the states/Canadian territories.........anyways.......I saw them all except Rhode Island. I even saw plates from Hawaii, Alaska, and the Yukon.......but not Rhode Island. So it was deeply ingrained in my mind that Rhode Island was just a figment of my imagination.

2. After my first year of college, my dad got the great idea to go to the Nova Scotia International Tattoo.......great show, btw for anyone in the area (or hundreds of miles away)! Well, from VA you'd think the faster way to get to Halifax, Nova Scotia would be to fly, but no. This is my dad whose dream in life is to drive cross-country. So we drove -- caught a boat in Maine to Yarmouth ("Erin, we're saving 1500 miles by taking this ferry!" "Yeah, dad, but we had to drive 700 miles to save 1500.") and finished driving up to Halifax. Now this isn't your "drive straight through" trip. This is your "let's take several days to sight see on the way up" trip. However, we never made it to Rhode Island. We hit every other New England state -- even the ones not on the way -- except Rhode Island. So now I'm really convinced that Rhode Island doesn't exist and I will not believe it until I see it!!! :)

So, the states I've been to are in red........if you want to add your states go to http://www.world66.com/myworld66 and click on "Visited States". Sorry guys, there's no one for the Canadian territories on this site.

Let's see if we've been to all 50 states + D.C. (minus Rhode Island :))!!! Have at it guys!

Attachments

• $usstates.jpg
    $usstates.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 178

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay........here's mine

Or not.........I can't figure out how to post the picture!!

:asian: :karate:

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Just a note. There are only 3 Canadian territories. There are 10 provinces that go with them though. :p

OP
E

edhead2000

Originally posted by Quick Sand
Just a note. There are only 3 Canadian territories. There are 10 provinces that go with them though. :p

Yeah, that's what I meant to say!!! :) Thanks Quick Sand! :) As you know, us Americans don't know much! :) haha.

OP
E

edhead2000

Originally posted by Shodan
Okay........here's mine

Or not.........I can't figure out how to post the picture!!

:asian: :karate:

Right click........save as image..........attach file

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Don't worry edhead, looking at that map I can't identify most of the states either. There are lots I could name off but I have no idea where they acutally are. :eek:

OP
E

edhead2000

Originally posted by Quick Sand
Don't worry edhead, looking at that map I can't identify most of the states either. There are lots I could name off but I have no idea where they acutally are. :eek:

Well that makes me feel better!

OP
T

TheRustyOne

i would put in the map, but it's being a meanie head...

Arizona
DC
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Massachusetts
Montana
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wyoming

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been through all 48 of the contiguous states in my truck. I wouldn't really call that vacationing, just passin' through.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
States I have not been too,
Nebraska
North and South Dakota
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Washington
Alaska
Hawai'i
DC

Visted:
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedStates

Now I have flown over Alaska, Idaho, North and South Dakota, and Wyoming. Which leaves Hawai'i and Nebrask I have never seen from land or air :)

OP
R

RCastillo

Oklahoma
New Mexico
Arizona
Kentucky
Michigan
Louisiana
Nevada
Ohio

Pretty much all of them have been for MA business! :asian:

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
okay let's see i've been to: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware,
Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky,
Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota,
Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia

I've actually have lived in CO, OR, OK, TX, GA, VA, WV, WA, LA. i have 4 siblings and none of us have been born in the same state...wonders of being military brats. have gotten to go to a lot of places that most kids or even adults haven't been to so it's a good experience

Latest Discussions