What's in your water?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So, are we just waiting for the downfall? Is it inevitable? Or does some elite organization have a plan...

Georgia Guidestones

Actually I do not know what to do to make it better at this point I am just hoping it is not to late and I do not want to go off post so as to the Meds in the water it is, at least at this point not much of a concentration but I still have to wonder about interactions even in small amounts

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The level it is today won't be what it is in the future. Male fish today are transforming into female fish. Lesson: The longer and more intensely you are exposed, the more the effects will be...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The level it is today won't be what it is in the future. Male fish today are transforming into female fish. Lesson: The longer and more intensely you are exposed, the more the effects will be...

Like most things that have been messed up by humans. If we stopped today, this very minute, the levels would still climb for some time.

And the only thing I garauntee is we (Humans) will not stop right now, this very minute or anytime soon.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Every generation has been awaiting the Apocolypse. As far back as the time of Christ at least. We seem to crave it.

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
As the toxicologists say, "the dose makes the poison." How much drug was found in the water, and how close was it to an effective dose? My guess: nowhere near, and the amounts found were so tiny they needed non-standard tests to pick it up.

Think of it this way. Grab a handful of soil. In all likelihood, there are at least a few picomoles or femtomoles of arsenic, lead, and uranium in that handful. Yet, that handful is completely safe to handle, or even eat if you felt so inclined.

To be sure, the concentrations of these pharmaceuticals are tiny, measured in quantities of parts per billion or trillion, far below the levels of a medical dose. Also, utilities insist their water is safe.

To put this in a more intuitive quantity, let's take 100 parts per trillion of Advil. 100 parts per trillion is one pill per 50,000 gallons of water. 1 per billion is one pill per 5,000 gallons of water. 10 parts per billion is one pill in 500 gallons. You intake in the vicinity of 350-500 gallons per year.

Doesn't sound so bad, until you roll around to the mood stabilizers and hormones. Prozac at 1 part per billion is one pill per 500 gallons. Corticosteriods are administered at similiar dosages. The truly worrisome part to me is actually the sex hormones, likely from birth control pills and similar. While I am unable to trace out the full requirements with readily available info, they require dosings many, many times lower than the majority of medications, indicating a high potency within the body.

Panic time? No, but we need to recognize the hazard, and start to handle it now, before it becomes panic time. We need to start taking better care of our discharges into nature, and probably need to start recycling water. The problem there is that it's rather energy intensive to do so. There are a ton of things that need to be done in the medical industry to combat this too, like preferential use of fully metabolized drugs, less over prescription, etc.

Who knows what it'll take to make something like that happen, though.