Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am so not surprised.

AP probe finds drugs in drinking water

By JEFF DONN, MARTHA MENDOZA and JUSTIN PRITCHARD, Associated Press Writers Sun Mar 9, 1:00 PM ET

A vast array of pharmaceuticals — including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones — have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yup, its getting so bad that fish are starting to change sex from male to female.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I read this yesterday and it is a bit scary, especially since they referenced NYC water supply in upstate..... Guess how close that is to me :(

So first Acid rain from NYC attacks the Adirondacks and now Meds from the Adirondacks attack NYC.... Irony?

But are attacking all of us in the process

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And I used to be worried about pee in the water. Sheesh. Give em 20 more years and they'll go "oh yeah, we kinda screwed ourselves, everythings contaminated, sorry."

So, anyone know which (if any) bottled water companies do filter for this crap?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And I used to be worried about pee in the water. Sheesh. Give em 20 more years and they'll go "oh yeah, we kinda screwed ourselves, everythings contaminated, sorry."

So, anyone know which (if any) bottled water companies do filter for this crap?

Bob that I know of none of them. Who needs meds. when it is in your daily water supply.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
As the toxicologists say, "the dose makes the poison." How much drug was found in the water, and how close was it to an effective dose? My guess: nowhere near, and the amounts found were so tiny they needed non-standard tests to pick it up.

Think of it this way. Grab a handful of soil. In all likelihood, there are at least a few picomoles or femtomoles of arsenic, lead, and uranium in that handful. Yet, that handful is completely safe to handle, or even eat if you felt so inclined.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And many kids have tried that in fact. MMMMM mud pie. :D

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
As the toxicologists say, "the dose makes the poison." How much drug was found in the water, and how close was it to an effective dose? My guess: nowhere near, and the amounts found were so tiny they needed non-standard tests to pick it up.

Think of it this way. Grab a handful of soil. In all likelihood, there are at least a few picomoles or femtomoles of arsenic, lead, and uranium in that handful. Yet, that handful is completely safe to handle, or even eat if you felt so inclined.

What he said. This is nothing but more "make news" of a study some scientist types did to justify their reasearch grant money.

People never seem to be content unless they are crying the sky is falling over something.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny thing is that it is not just water but also in the meet that we eat. There was a CAFU that tried to come in around Alma and after reading how much antibiotics they used it almost made me swear off eating pork.\
(Still I like bacon to much
icon6.gif
)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope, it don't. But it still gets a ton of other stuff out.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I live in a farming area, I shudder to think what is in the water here.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What do you do when you are so disgusted with your society and the refuse it discards that you can no longer stand it?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jump off a cliff into the sea and feed the little fishies.

Nice.

Really though. What do you do? Especially when you know the society is unsustainable and heading toward oblivion?

The information that Bob posted is part and parcel of this view. Yet, NO ONE CARES!!!! Not a single presidential, congressional, judicial candidate, its just sad.

Have we been so dumbed down that this stuff doesn't even matter any more?

Are we really "consumers" rather then "individuals"?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nice.

Really though. What do you do? Especially when you know the society is unsustainable and heading toward oblivion?

The information that Bob posted is part and parcel of this view. Yet, NO ONE CARES!!!! Not a single presidential, congressional, judicial candidate, its just sad.

Have we been so dumbed down that this stuff doesn't even matter any more?

Are we really "consumers" rather then "individuals"?

I guess you sit back and wait for the second coming of The Younger Dryas and at the same time hope it doesn't happen

Latest Discussions