what the hell...I'm too nice???

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh yea...

3rd and final point of advice -

It would be bad for me to give you the above advice, and not follow up with this last point. If you DO meet someone that you like who has depth enough to be in a relationship, and who wants to be in a relationship with you, TREAT HER LIKE SHE IS THE MOST VALUED THING ON THE PLANET. Because essentially she should be, at least to you. Never take her for granted because women like that are few and far between. Even if the relationship doesn't work out, you'll be glad for the time that you had and you'll be glad that you treated her well.

This last part is probably the most important. The other stuff just lessons the potential for hurt and wasted time, and makes the dating process fun; how you handle someone in a relationship, however, could determine your future, long term happiness.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Oh yea...

3rd and final point of advice -

It would be bad for me to give you the above advice, and not follow up with this last point. If you DO meet someone that you like who has depth enough to be in a relationship, and who wants to be in a relationship with you, TREAT HER LIKE SHE IS THE MOST VALUED THING ON THE PLANET. Because essentially she should be, at least to you. Never take her for granted because women like that are few and far between. Even if the relationship doesn't work out, you'll be glad for the time that you had and you'll be glad that you treated her well.

This last part is probably the most important. The other stuff just lessons the potential for hurt and wasted time, and makes the dating process fun; how you handle someone in a relationship, however, could determine your future, long term happiness.

Everything Paul wrote (all three posts) are great advice, in all seriousness, and me being a little older than you at 28, I can tell you that he is right in every sense. Its going to take a long time for you to get to "the one". So go with the flow, and just date for the sake of dating, dont get caught up with emotions or day dream about future plans too much. Eventually you will find that great person, and when you do, follow his advice, treat her like the greatest thing on earth, cause for every great girl out there, I guarantee, there are 20 other guys willing to pick her up if you screw it up =)

adictd2tkdgirl

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have to agree with the posters that mention you have to ask questions. Girls love it when a guy is interested in what they have to say or when they want to learn more about them. It is evident you are very confident and think you are great. (A very attractive quality) However the girl will want to determine this herself..she won't want to hear you tell her. This gives us a feeling that you need to convince us, which makes us think the opposite. Never volunteer information about yourself. Wait until she asks...and she will. Women love to talk, eventually she will ask you about everything you want to share with her.

adictd2tkdgirl

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
rule # 1: shut up
rule # 2: shut up
rule # 3: shut the ***** up, you ********* ******

seriously, let her talk more. things like 'you're so funny', 'you're too nice', 'you have a lot of plans' are all code for 'he didn't let me talk'.

women love to talk about themselves. if you must talk, talk about her.

for everything you say about yourself (and this includes "i'll have the veal and a beer"), ask her two questions and respond to the answers with follow-up questions.

i don't want to come off like i think i'm casanova or professor tom, but that change produced a 180 degree turnaround in my dating success before i got married.

once you get in a relationship, then you can start ignoring her. :rofl:

This is hilarious! But oooooooohhhhh so TRUE!

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was single my relationships seldom lasted more than 3 months so my best advise to you is don't listen to my advice!
I have been happily married for almost 9 years though so i guess its a matter of stumbling upon the right person! :0)

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wooo...Thats a lot of great info. I will sure be using a lot of those tips especially the STFU card. Lots of questions and STFU.... Be the good listener and smile.

Sounds good.

And yes, making sure I have two in the sack before jumping out there would be a good strategy also. ;)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll add a couple thoughts...

Dont be in a hurry to find someone, because girls can sense this and it translates as "desperate", even if you are not really desperate. Weirds them out.

The other thing that I think is really really important is to just keep doing the activities (i.e. Martial Arts) that you enjoy, and meet people that way. It can be slow, but you have a shared interest and leads to greater respect and leeway for each other later in the relationship, when you want time to train.

A friend once told me that a friend of his told him (good start for a story, eh?) that he was going to go to a fine art museum to meet chicks.

My friend asked him "oh, so you like fine art museums?"

They guy said "well no, it's just a good place to meet chicks."

My friend told him, "well, if you meet someone there, just understand that you will spend the rest of you life going to fine art museums. If you meet her there, that is what she likes to do, and she assumes you like to do it too. Now you're stuck."

So don't go to meet-marts and meet someone under false pretenses.

I met my ex-girlfriend thru martial arts, and I met my wife thru martial arts. The patience paid off.

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Damn good point bud.

I think i'm just gonna do what I want to do for now and focus on some goals I have right now. I'm starting to move into tax lien certificates and its taking a hell of a lot of my free time. Don't think that will really be a target rich environment but hey. Oh damn thats a good idea...I was gonna start some classes at the crucible I think so thats a great idea. Find a woman that can use a welding torch, martial arts and can cook... Perfect :D

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Crucible - Very cool! I've never been there, but I have definitely heard about it. Someday I want to take some classes there and learn how to make a good sword blade. I've been taking classes for a while at City College and I've been building hilts and scabbards, but no blades (we aren't set up to work with steel at City College, only bronze, copper, silver, gold, and the like). At some point I'd like to be able to make the complete sword, start to finish, instead of buying blades.

Sounds like fun. What do you want to do there?

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am going to some VIP event on friday night. Like a open house but with girls with flaming nipples and stuff. Should be sweet.

I want to get into blacksmithing really bad. I just love the idea of pounding the hell out of something and making it how I want. My family has a lineage of metal workers from Welders, forge workers, royal armorsmiths and gun smiths. So I guess you could say its in my blood. I want to learn how to make damasceus blades. After going to the asian art museum and seeing the wonderful examples of just beautiful kris knives, I just had to learn how to make those. Just the feeling and power that went behind making those weapons is amazing. I would love nothing more than to make a blade start to finish and a full sword would be the pinnacle of cool.

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
You mentioned that you had been on a few dates recently. Getting them to come is a good start. Making it comfortable is what you must do after that. To do this mention a couple huge things in your life, or something that you had just done or seen. From there she will take over. Go with the flow of the conversation. She should be talking 60%-75% of of the time, no more than that. If your in the dating pool just to get some, remember that, when one womans been with you they somehow know and are more attracted to you. With all of my training and know how I still can't keep them off of me, I am only one man ladies take a frickin #. Damn Random acounters. Ready to see #873.... 873?

Mark

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
873? Oro?

Well lets see, I know I have to shut up some. Damn, stupid Leo in me just likes to talk a lot I guess.

I'll figure something out. Gonna try a different approach and see how it takes me.

Damn good stuff on this forum I tell ya.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
How much do you charge for your seminars?

:asian:

I should merge two different disciplines, and I'll call my new seminar creation "combat dating." I would make a killin'! :rofl:

Everything Paul wrote (all three posts) are great advice, in all seriousness, and me being a little older than you at 28, I can tell you that he is right in every sense. Its going to take a long time for you to get to "the one". So go with the flow, and just date for the sake of dating, dont get caught up with emotions or day dream about future plans too much. Eventually you will find that great person, and when you do, follow his advice, treat her like the greatest thing on earth, cause for every great girl out there, I guarantee, there are 20 other guys willing to pick her up if you screw it up =)

Wow, dudes...thanks for the compliments! :)

Latest Discussions