What Movie or TV show has influenced your life?

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of movies and series I've seen that I liked very much. I wouldn't say they 'influenced my life' though. As a kid I liked the A team, the ninja series, william tell, Blake's Seven (awesome ending), ...

There is however, 1 movie that influenced my life in an important way, though I am kinda ashamed to admit it. Knowing what I know now, I am almost embarrassed to admit it but 'Bloodsport' is what made me start with martial arts when I was 18. I watched that film so many times I could quote the script start to end. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Something about that movie inspired me and drove me to finally start MA for real. In my defense, I have to say that I never thought that the movie was realistic. It just pushed my buttons. I bought the film music on CD and regularly listen to it while training on my own or doing hard physical work. I haven't watched the movie in a long time, but the music still has that energizing effect on me.

derobec

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So, Bruno,

Lee Van Cleefe wasn't a sufficint catalyst in your life? I can't say the same. Although having bought a dvd of one of the 'ninja' episodes last year I really can't believe that I used to love that show -25 years have certainly taken their toll on my tastes.

As for quoting scripts, my brother has the irritating habit of pre-empting every line in 'Enter the Dragon' -yeah, every line! Mind you, his wife has a similar habit with regards to 'Pretty Woman' so I don't read too much into it!

All the Best
William