Rule number one is Kim

What stance’s is that?

So guy’s and girls pleas tell the truth
Best Regards
Kim Dahl¨
www.Kenpo.dk

S

shaolinchi

i find myself getting to frustrated with myself when i don't do something exactly how i want it.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I don't train in kenpo, but to answer the question - I too get frustruated with myself too quickly. I am too critical of myself - I can understand that it can take years to really understand something, but if I can't do it right away, I'm pissed (at myself).

K

Kenpomachine

Lower your stance!!

That's the one I hear more often, specially after a break in training :s

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to chuckle at the low replies to this thread. Either people don't like to admit to their mistakes or they really are taking to heart the Kenpo idea of "concealing my treasure" to include not advertising their weaknesses in such a public place....

good tactical sense and philosophically aligned behavior over all. :)

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
I have to chuckle at the low replies to this thread. Either people don't like to admit to their mistakes or they really are taking to heart the Kenpo idea of "concealing my treasure" to include not advertising their weaknesses in such a public place....

OH NO! You have found me out! I was going to use this thread to take over the forum! MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Darn it! Now what is a girls suppose to do?

Anyways, back to the thread.

I find myself concentrating on one submission too much sometimes and I miss opportunities to get others.

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
loki09789 said:

Mistakes me - oh no never!!!!! :angel: Okay so here it is, sometimes when learning a technique, i anticipate what the next action will be, and when my instructor does something different than what i thought the movement should be, i get flustered and make him repeat it. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, i guess it means i'm internalizing the art, but have a lot to learn.

Kenpo Mama :ultracool

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel that when I work out without a plan my workout is not as productive. If there is a certain area of my art that I work on I am able to get more accomplished. I feel that I can get better results when I do an inventory on my art and work on the things that need the most attention. Applying the CANI [constant and neverending improvement] concept, I am able to be involved in becoming better. I encourage my students to do the same and it has been a valuable tool in their progress.
Respectfully,
Bob White

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My mistakes? Sigh.... I have too many that I could easily write several pages....

The main ones I have to constantly remind myself are in the way I do my stances (make them lower) and make sure my kicks are done properly (I tend to get sloppy with some of my kicks sometimes when I am too distracted). Just shows I need to practice and focus more.

- Ceicei

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find that I still tend to "rush" through techniques and forms, especially when I'm tired or nervous (i.e., in a test). I'm making a conscious effort to slow it down, though.

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My biggest issue right now is taking control of opp center. Esp when opp is behind me. Can't figure out how to fix it either, I think I need some :whip:

bluenosekenpo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
the big three;

1) relax, you're too tense
2) you're fixating on the weapon
3) you're using waaaay too much muscle and not enough technique.

i should have these tatooed somewhere on my body to remind me.

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im over critical (of myself)
Rush my moves
My circles are sometime too big
like Rob - I forget to look through the eyes of a beginner
The list goes on and on.

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Greetings,

I feel I could improve my...

- Stances
- Timing... No coffee breaks :)

Most importantly however, I feel I could intensify my training. I see the problem areas and I need to correct them by working at them not just ignoring them. I have placed them on my inventory list!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've got a lazy left foot

my hips are too tight

I need a haircut (I'm not in a Parker system) :rofl:

Latest Discussions