What Life is all about

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(* I hope everyone does not think too evil of me *)

Last Wednesday while at class, my Senior told me about a new "girl" (* Woman *), at his wife's work. He said I should stop by and check her out. I told him I would. He never gets involved, and so I figured she must be a real nice person all the way around. I figured I might meet an interesting person.

So, I went and got my hair cut on Friday and the girl was not there, but the owner, told me to not pay her and stop by on Tuesday or Wednesday and pay her so I could meet this new girl. I agreed.

So today I stopped by to pay for my hair cut, and to meet this woman. I was told she is cute and my age, with three kids. Like I said, you never know who you might meet. Well the owner and the new girl were in the back hi-lighting the new girls hair. Well in walks this guy who need a cut, the owner went to cut his hair. So I am alone with the new girl, and we get involved in small talk, and all looks well. Then her 4:00 + PM appointment shows up, so they rinse and condition her hair while the appiontment is looking through a book for hair styles.

I realize the young girl, who is looking through the book has burns on her body. I mean disfiguring scars, that would make most people want to cry. (* I did want too, but did not wish to cause a scene. No one saw that right? *) The girl had scars on her face, arms, hands, and legs. Only about a 3 inch by 6 inch path on her left leg did not have scars. I thought to myself that this was great the mom brought in this girl to get her hair done.

So, the girl points to a picture and says she wants this style, and the new girl hair stylist, asks her if she is sure, becuase this is a shoulder length hair cut and the girl had hair down to the small of her back. To which the little girl replies, "Yes, I want it cut off, I am going to donate it." All smiles. She was donating about 11+ inches of hair to a program for people who have no hair. This little girl had taken care of her hair for the last two (2) years so she could come in and get it cut to help others.

So I guess I had the priviledge to meet a young woman who was able to let me know that there are really nice people out there, willing to help.

This little girl impressed me. I just had to share.

Thank you
:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is great. It goes to show the power of a good attitude. A lot of people whouldn't be able to bring themselves out in public from shyness, but she's not just going out for herself, she's doing it for others.

Uplifting story!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see / hear about / meet people like this and think to myself, "girl, you have NO excuse to feel sorry for yourself, not reach your goals, etc."

I just about cried at that story, Rich. Thank you! :asian:

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
great story. makes you all tingly inside reading things like that.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, That is great she wants to help others. If more people think of helping others in need, this would be a wonderful world to live in.

There is only one way we can change the world and that is if we all can leave one good child and they inturn leave one good child, we will have a better world.

When we teach our children to hate - they will grow up to hate just like their mom and dads who hate too. This is a learn thing that will never stop.

Did you know we can stop all the wars,killings,crimes, and so on in one generation, if we can teach the new children the right way to live? Helping others and so on? ............................Aloha

PS:Are the bad guys are raising their children faster than us?

Latest Discussions