What it's like to live in America where everybody can buy guns?

Discussion in 'General Weapons Discussion' started by kehcorpz, May 14, 2016.

1. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

And so that is the definitive term which decides whether a person in ignorant or lying. Rather than having their own interpretation on the matter.

2. Kong Soo Do

Kong Soo Do IKSDA Director

• Supporting Member
    Correct.

3. pgsmith

pgsmith Master of Arts

No, I have read the entire thread, but thanks for asking.

That scenario would work just fine for someone like you that is a professional. However, the vast majority of people are not. Heck, the vast majority of people are idiots and wouldn't hesitate to get drunk when they're supposed to be the "designated driver". This has been proven a great many times every day.

You want to talk about simple math, then here's some for you .... according to you, there were 100 people shot that may not have been if we allowed concealed carry in nightclubs. That's all well and good, however there were 9,967 deaths caused by drunk drivers. You know, the ones that are supposed to have penalties if they get caught driving drunk. :)

So you're advocating that we should let the general population carry firearms while they're at the club, even though they are already killing almost 10,000 people each year through their own drunken stupidity? The only way that would possibly be an improvement is if everyone was personally responsible for themselves. Unfortunately, that doesn't even happen in the movies, and is nothing remotely resembling real life.

You do realize that only kids use the word "juvenile", and then it is usually to refer to discussions that they don't understand right? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. drop bear

That is a pretty fanatical stance.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kong Soo Do

Kong Soo Do IKSDA Director

• Supporting Member
    I'm just a regular guy with specific skills in certain areas. In regard to people acting responsibly, I think the majority would do the right thing but understand that idiots abound. CCW carriers however are by-and-large responsible people. Of a note of interest, police make a mistake in deadly force shootings 11% of the time whereas the armed private citizen only 3% of the time. And since the armed private citizen shoots bad guys three time more than police it is a significant statistic. What I'm suggesting is that of the % of nightclub goers that carry a firearm, I think the majority would act responsibly. And as I suggested, the club offers the incentive of free cover charge and non-alcoholic beverages for the designated carrier. And again, a stamp or wristband would/could identify such a person so that they aren't served alcohol. Now to be clear, this isn't legislation but just an idea on an internet forum. Not suggesting it is fool proof or couldn't be improved or even a better idea suggested. Just tossing it around.

The genesis was the night club shooting in which a patron did stop an active shooter last week. Don't know if the good guy was drinking, though I suspect not as it happened (IIRC) outside the club. But it is an example (one of tens of thousands annually) where an armed private citizen stops a bad guy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. drop bear

Another option is of course offer free entry and drinks to people ranked in jujitsu.

Bjj Eastern Europe – US Hero Serviceman That Stopped Terrorist in France, Trains Jiu-Jitsu

As per this incident where a jujitsu armed person successfully prevented a shooting. And an example of the many times jujitsu is used to stop violence.

The math is simple. And shows how good guys armed with jujitsu can stop bad guys with guns.

1 person armed with jujitsu + 1 gunman= nobody dead.

Jujitsu armed practitioners 60% of the time are successful all of the time. And they are statistics.123

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 3