Backup ?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How many of you carry a backup gun? Do you do it all the time? What do you carry and where?

Personally, I only carry one when I go out on a call. Depending on what I'm wearing, it'll be in my coat or vest pocket (both with holsters in them). It's a Taurus CIA .38 spl. Can be nice to have my hand on it ready to draw while looking completely non-threatening.

Jeff

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Someimtes, it will be a S&W 642 J-frame revolver, with Speer's short-barrel Gold Dot load, using a Desantis "Nemesis" pocket holster. This works fine in dress shorts or relaxed fit slacks.

For something even smaller, I'll use a Kel-Tec P3AT, stocked with 7 rounds of 102 grain Remington Golden Saber ammo. It's small enough to be a pocket gun for a pair of jeans.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was going through my "rookie" days it was a CharterArms .38 Undercover Special in an ankle holster..Now I only carry my on-duty weapon..

9mm+p+

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Back in my cop days always. It went from a steel Taurus 85 to a couple of 380 autos then back to a Taurus 85 but the much lighter Ultralite. Now never, guns just stay in the car except on rare occassions.

Latest Discussions