What is your favorite knife under $50?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This one is tough, because a lot of "favorites" are probably more expensive then $50. My favorite is the one I just bought, the Kershaw Ken Onion "Chive." Anyone else?

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I had a Kershaw like the one you have, but lost it about 3 or 4 months afterwards:mad: :cuss: :( . I just recently broke down and spent some $$ on an Osborne axis lock Benchmade. It is now one of my favorites:D .

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pacificshore
I had a Kershaw like the one you have, but lost it about 3 or 4 months afterwards:mad: :cuss: :( . I just recently broke down and spent some $$ on an Osborne axis lock Benchmade. It is now one of my favorites:D .

I like that Hibben Claw II (Kerambit) for self defense, that little Kershaw Chive is nice for utility. Spyderco Endura is nice for both and you can't beat a standard Ka-Bar for outdoors.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
I like that Hibben Claw II (Kerambit) for self defense, that little Kershaw Chive is nice for utility. Spyderco Endura is nice for both and you can't beat a standard Ka-Bar for outdoors.

I love Kabars too. I have a few of the old style ones, and one newer style with a tanto tip. I agree...unbeatable tools for the outdoors!

I like the hibben claw I. I haven't had a chance to play w/ II yet!

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have lots of cheap knifes and a few pricy ones but mostly have knifes under 40 dollars because they brake or i lose them but i plan on getting better ones soon

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of K-Bars, I have one that is the same exact thing only issued to Navy personnel, therefore had the USN initial stamped on the sheath. It was a surplused knife my uncle or father picked up back in the day. The handle rotted away that my father made a new handle out of epoxy, and it's still fully functional.

Ok, I just had to go to my garage to look the knife over, it is a MK-2, or Mark 2. Can't believe how well the blade has held up:D .

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
I love Kabars too. I have a few of the old style ones, and one newer style with a tanto tip. I agree...unbeatable tools for the outdoors!

I like the hibben claw I. I haven't had a chance to play w/ II yet!

I like the Hibben Claw II because it has a more traditional kerambit style. The ring allows for some undeniablly useful techniques. I actually learned about that knife from this forum. Just another way that MT has made my life a little more dangerous, umm, I mean enjoyable.

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson's Swat,Quick to open & nice weight.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A Jaguar folding tanto with a partially serrated edge. Sturdy enough to do what I hope I'll not need to do, and cheap enough that it's no huge deal if I lose it.

R

Richard S.

the new CRKT Corkum "first strike" is a sweet little fixed blade with a tanto style blade and a cord and rayskin wrapped handle with aus-6m steel almost a 1/4" thick..........44.95.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my wife to get me the Kershaw Scallion. It's like the Chive mentioned earlier, but a little bigger with half of the blade serrated. Felt nice in my hand and the opening mechanism is great. I'll probably find it in my Christmas stocking :)

Cthulhu

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice thread!

This is great info. Someone had written an article on the same subject a few months ago in a blade magazine except it was a $100 and under price range.

Did anyone see that article? I would like to use it and this thread as a reference.

Thanks,

Palusut

Latest Discussions