What is Jeet Kune Do, article by Bruce Lee

Discussion in 'JKD / Jeet Kune Do' started by Xue Sheng, Jul 10, 2017.

1. FighterTwister

FighterTwister Blue Belt

Hi m8 I'm new here myself.

I would like to say that there are many great fighter's some never raise to the surface because they don't pursue media movies etc.

Guys like John Bluming are an example of that of course.

Bruce Lee never said he would beat all in a fight, but only to claim how confident he is as a martial artist, he is no fool but very intelligent.

So much has been blown out of proportion nothing seems to stick anymore.

Bruce Lee was a master simple as that he was a student like all others in the martial arts world.

I have been a student of all but with a passion for JKD thats rooted in Wing Chun myself that I love for it's artistic sense and practicality.

Watch this.............

Its good fun using a Mook Jong I encourage people to try it out.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. MA_Student

MA_Student Black Belt

There's no middle ground with lee it seems, he was either an actor who couldn't fight or a god among men who could beat the whole ufc roster at once.

I don't believe lee was as people claim I don't believe he was the fastest man alive or that he couldn't be touched but he was obviously skilled.

Maybe in pure wing chun he was nothing speacial and there are probably way better people than him in the wing chun world but that's not what he's known for. He was obviously very fit and very strong and he was respected by the top martial artists at the time including ed Parker, chuck Norris, joe lewis, mike stone, dan innosanto and others so if he was just a average martial artist they wouldn't care about him.

Again I do believe he's overrated these days and people confuse his movies with real life but to say he wasn't a good martial artist is frankly stupid

• Disagree Disagree x 1