What is and SHOULD NOT BE

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mixing good booze is a friggin CRIME

Clearly, you have never had my Margaritas. ;)

But knowing how you like shot glasses, I'd prolly just skip the 'rita and give you the shot of Patron :)

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Clearly, you have never had my Margaritas. ;)

But knowing how you like shot glasses, I'd prolly just skip the 'rita and give you the shot of Patron :)
I love my shot glasses, but, tequila is the devil! That **** causes trouble.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think I get that stuff around here ^_^

and since I don't drink that stuff straight up it really does not matter :)

The quality of whisky, like the quality of wine, makes a huge difference to the pleasure of drinking it. With whisky, I don't drink it with the intent of inebriation, I drink it for the taste and the sensation of it and different distilleries require different things.

For example, a little melted ice-water in cask-strength Laphroaig really brings out a depth and subtlety of flavour that otherwise you'd miss. However, putting ice or a 'mixer' in anything but drain-cleaner-brand whisky (e.g. Bells, Teachers et al) does rather destroy the whole experience :).

It sounds like you'd enjoy some of the mellower-edged whisky's - Auchentoshan might suit, or maybe one of the Jura's. You do have to watch it with such 'softer' drams tho', as they can sneak up on you without you realising :lol:.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kabo Wabo...

Never thought it lived up to the hype IMO. I suspect I would like it a lot more if it were $15.00 less per bottle, but hey, Van Hagar has to take their cut :lol:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Never thought it lived up to the hype IMO. I suspect I would like it a lot more if it were $15.00 less per bottle, but hey, Van Hagar has to take their cut :lol:

LOL
I wonder if Patron is worth it....
But Tequilla is evil stuff!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The quality of whisky, like the quality of wine, makes a huge difference to the pleasure of drinking it. With whisky, I don't drink it with the intent of inebriation, I drink it for the taste and the sensation of it and different distilleries require different things.

For example, a little melted ice-water in cask-strength Laphroaig really brings out a depth and subtlety of flavour that otherwise you'd miss. However, putting ice or a 'mixer' in anything but drain-cleaner-brand whisky (e.g. Bells, Teachers et al) does rather destroy the whole experience :).

It sounds like you'd enjoy some of the mellower-edged whisky's - Auchentoshan might suit, or maybe one of the Jura's. You do have to watch it with such 'softer' drams tho', as they can sneak up on you without you realising :lol:.

LOL, who knows. I was actually surprised at the drinkability of some spirit with a couple ice cubes. But the hard stuff is usually for 'medicinal purposes' I don't think I could handle pouring the top shelf stuff into a mug of tea and top it off with a big spoon of honey...

I was considering a tasting...even though the miniatures are almost all plastic...

Latest Discussions