What gi do you wear?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear alot of uniforms but then I go through at least 5-6 a week. Can't have too many. :D I have three all black V-neck ribbed fabric, Size 5, nice and loose, from Century. I have found those don't shrink. I have a all-red ribbed v-neck from Sun which has shrunk but has a three color embroidered logo on back. I have three white/black edge vnecks from Adidas-the earlier ribbed. One is kept for tournaments as it also has the embroidered school logo on the back. I designed the logo. TW

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In our school we have to all wear a black gis', with our red logo t-shirt inside. shoes is an optional. Only our Universal Kempo patch is allow on the uniform. Light,med or heavy is your choice as well as the brands. Our sleeves may be cut shorter,but not short sleeves. We like Century,and most other brands too. There are some great uniforms out there if you got the money. We found for ourselves, what is important is the weights. So far the med and heavy weights seems to last longer and be more comfortable. Black uniforms does fad fast and looks grey after awhile.

What are the best uniforms? Tokaido? are there others? you can suggest some more?

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Heavyweight for winter and lightweight for summer, black gi's in size 6 or 7 dependant on brand...

Y

Yossarian75

Lightwieght Karate style Dobok. Black trousers and white top with black trim.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For me, brand names were not the issue.

Back in the ol days, there weren't many manufacturers or suppliers.