What fiction book are you currently reading?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished With No One as A Witness by Elizabeth George. It's part of a mystery series that follows some Scotland Yard detectives as they wonder around Britain solving various murders. I understand the BBC has made some TV series based on some of the books although I've never watched any for myself.

I am currently re-reading The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman. It's historical fiction based on Richard III and the Wars of the Roses.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading an oldie but a goodie for the umpteenth time. The Ninja by Eric V. Lustbader.
icon6.gif

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am currently listening to the audio books Plum Island, The Charm school, and Word of Honor, by Nelson DeMille. They are interesting and help pass the long commute I have to and from work.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked up Dragons of the Highlord Skies for my wife as a stocking stuffer, but ended up starting it first, lol. We're both Dragonlance fans and have most of the books.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just went through Simon R Green's Nightside series in about a week, followed by W.E.B. Griffin's Black Ops (the new one).

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nightside books are great... Have you read A Night at the Lonesome October and Shadows Fall? Or The Man With the Golden Torc? Or Blue Moon Rising and the rest that follow it?

(Yeah, I like Green's swords & fantasy type stuff; Deathstalker and the rest lost me somewhere...)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Nightside books are great... Have you read A Night at the Lonesome October and Shadows Fall? Or The Man With the Golden Torc? Or Blue Moon Rising and the rest that follow it?

(Yeah, I like Green's swords & fantasy type stuff; Deathstalker and the rest lost me somewhere...)
The Man with the Golden Torc was very good, and it's follow up,Daemons are Forever was as well Generally, when I find an author I like I go through ALL his/her books in . I read Blue Moon Rising the rest of the Forest Kingdom Series. chronological order as fast as I can lay hands on them.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since my computer up and died one day :(( I had lots of time to read...
Grisham's latest, The Associate was pretty good. I mostly reread a few series that I reread every year.

Tomu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just finished "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Excellent read.

I think I am going to start Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series over again. By far my fave fiction. Just wish there were more.:(

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just another Judgment Day by Simon R Green. It is the latest Nightside novel.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cauldron by Jack McDevitt

His Priscilla Hutchens novels are interesting pretty much in the same way Ring World or the Foundation series are.

Before that, Pattern Recognition by William Gibson. Eh.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just another Judgment Day by Simon R Green. It is the latest Nightside novel.
Get it from the library or wait for the paperback $24.95 seems steep for less than 300 pages... It was good, as I have come to expect.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dark Rivers Of The Heart by Dean Koontz.
Another one of his typical but very good reads.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Ruby in Her Navel by Barry Unsworth. He also wrote Sacred Hunger, one of my favorite historical fictions. Ruby is a little slower and more introspective, but worthwhile.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Run for your Life by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was very good, if a very fast (five hour) read

Latest Discussions