What fiction book are you currently reading?

R

Rex Downie Jr.

Angels and Demons by Brown - a fictional tale of the Illuminati attacking the Roman Catholic Church. :Facinating, though I am a Protestant. Rex Downie

Schtankybampo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've read all of the Dan Brown books so far, and have to say that I completely enjoyed every single one of them. :) I think I liked Angels & Demons more than I liked the much-vaunted DaVincini code, and that's saying a lot, since I'm a art major.

Thanks for mentioning the MT/Amazon link, Tess, I'd never noticed it before, but will definately be clicking in there from now on!

M

M

Melissa426

The Dante Club ... Matthew Pearl

Historical fiction about a series of murders committed to imitate the deaths of sinners in Dante's inferno, 1865 Boston

Loved it.

Peace,
Melissa

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
The Dante Club ... Matthew Pearl

Historical fiction about a series of murders committed to imitate the deaths of sinners in Dante's inferno, 1865 Boston

Loved it.

Peace,
Melissa
I read The Dante Clube very shortly after reading The Davinci Code. Maybe because it was I had just finished The Davinci Code, but I was a bit disappointed in The Dante Club. I was interested in the book, being a fan of The Inferno, but I just found it a chore to finish The Dante Club.

Cthulhu

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just finished reading Hard Rain by Barry Eisler. It's a pretty good read, and even includes some ASP baton vs. knife work near the end.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmm, its been a while, time to bump this thread. :)

Rain Storm by Barry Eisler - excellent as usual, I think Hard Rain edged it though.

The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey - the book that inspired Earth First! I read it about 12 years ago as a much younger and more idealistic environmentalist and it isn't holding the same appeal to me.

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton - the modern world meets fantasy monsters, appealing because of its quality world creation.

Lamont

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fiction? What's fiction? Everything's real, isn't it?

I don't read much fiction, but the last book I did read was Good Omens by Terry Prattchet and Neil Gaiman.

~ Loki

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig said:
The GodFather Returns
How was that? The reviews I read were mixed. I only read The Godfather fairly recently, then re-watched the movies.

I'm now re-reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in advance of seeing the movie.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Have just finished reading:

The Legacy
Starless Night
Seige of Darkness
Passage to Dawn

All part of the Drow series by R A Salvator

Awesome series, so many other books of his to read

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just read King of Foxes by Raymond Fiest, the second book in his Conclave of Shadows series. It suffers from many of the same problems that plague Fiest's works. Its pacing is inconsistent, the climax and ending are rushed through, etc. But the characters are always interesting and this work is far from his worst novel.

And, I'll read anything by Fiest. The first adult length novel I picked up was his Magician, where it all began. So, they're comfort reading for me now and a good way to spend an afternoon. (Rarely do I spend more than a few hours to finish a book)

Looking forward to the next book's release in paperback. China Mieville and William Gibson are about the only fiction authors I'll buy in hardcover . . . although Stover's novellization of Episode III is really tempting me. He's an amazing writer as well.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been reading a couple of Lee Child's books on Jack Reacher. I finished Tripwire early in the week and started Die Trying last night. If you like mystery thriller or Men's Adventure novels, I recommend this series.

C

Crom

Closing Time by Joseph Heller

Had to rush out and buy it as soon as i'd finished Catch 22, i'd advisew everyone who hasn't to read it. Funny and poignant in a way no one else manages.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ack! I put a non-fiction book in the fiction section. Must edit...must...

I'm reading "Tides of War." That's a work of fiction. Pretty good, too.

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions