What do you think is the most ruthless?

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Huh! I married a man!!

LOL

I can honestly say that I have never looked so damaged and beaten up as when I was sempai in a women's self defense class.

It took a long time for most of the ladies before they could come to grips with the concept of hurting someone. But when it happened, it was like a dam that burst. Even when I ended up in fetal position on account of being hit square in the nuts with a steel capped purse, she just kept kicking, punching and swinging that purse.

Conversation in the train, the day after:
'Man, who beat you up?'
'An 80 pound woman wearing a fluffy bunny sweater'

And that is not even including the scratches on my face and the burn marks on my neck from the purse string that was ripped around my throat.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am the most ruthless. I rip the spinal cords from newborn babies, and I laugh all the while!

Top that, ya yellow-bellied knee-knockers!

I once flipped out and killed an entire town when some kid opened a window.
Afterwards I wailed on my guitar.

:lfao:

Reaction score
I am the most ruthless. I rip the spinal cords from newborn babies, and I laugh all the while!

Top that, ya yellow-bellied knee-knockers!

I go on forums and ask loaded questions causing people who read them to suffer terminal brain hemorrhages. Those whose Chi is developed to a level that stops such brain death, will end up suffering arthritis of the hand as they attempt to type a meaningful response. :EG:

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This may turn into an argument, but what do you guys think is the most ruthless martial art that is publicly taught? Don't talk about some art that no one has ever heard of, I am strictly speaking about something one can actually find a place to train in it.

Acutally all Martial Arts are ruthless. All martial arts where created from war arts and they all have the same goal (to rendener the attacker helpless). The only martial art that I know of that considers mercy is Aikido.

OP
D

DoubleZ711

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know its quite late in the discussion, but just to clarify, I was trying to ask which Martial Arts had the widest array of ruthless techniques. Anyways, I have already found the answer I was looking for in an art called Krav-Maga, but thanks! Sorry for all the arguments my simple question caused. LOL

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know its quite late in the discussion, but just to clarify, I was trying to ask which Martial Arts had the widest array of ruthless techniques. Anyways, I have already found the answer I was looking for in an art called Krav-Maga, but thanks! Sorry for all the arguments my simple question caused. LOL

so are you saying that you are satisfied with the "ruthlessness" that you've found in krav maga? Or that KM is the MOST ruthless that you've found? Or this particular instructor of KM takes a "ruthless" approach to training and teaching and can therefore teach you to be "ruthless" on the level that you want, regardless of what a different KM instructor might do?

It's still a bit of an odd way to look at the big picture...

I don't know KM, i've never studied it, i've never watched Youtube clips of it, I've never read about it, so I cannot speak for or against it as an art in any way. But I've studied enough things, and I've seen enough things to be able to say with much confidence and much sincerity that NO ART, including KM, holds the monopoly on nasty, brutal, destructive, deadly, mean, sick, twisted, horrifying, terrifying, psychopathic techniques. You can find that kind of thing in most arts. But again, much of it depends on the approach that the instructor takes, and how the art is taught.

If you are happy with the KM that you've found, then good luck to ya. Hope it is all that you were looking for.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score

ok, any of the traditional arts have most all that is in KM and usually a lot more techniques actually.

Krav Maga was designed and developed as a 'troop style' to be taught rapidly with a minimum of time and effort to allow a conscript in the Isriali military to survive a hand to hand encounter with other conscripts. it was not really intended to be a style that would face skilled martial artists with years of training in unarmed combat as that is just not something they normally incounter on a battlefield.

but if you are happy with what you have found and how it is taught and all, Great! good luck and train hard.

But as i said before, ruthlessness is in the practitioner and not the art really.
most every older art has techniques that readily main cripple and kill. so again its about what and how its used more then what it is. intent and aplication of that art by the practioner is what makes it a so called Ruthless art or not.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so are you saying that you are satisfied with the "ruthlessness" that you've found in krav maga? Or that KM is the MOST ruthless that you've found? Or this particular instructor of KM takes a "ruthless" approach to training and teaching and can therefore teach you to be "ruthless" on the level that you want, regardless of what a different KM instructor might do?

It's still a bit of an odd way to look at the big picture...

I don't know KM, i've never studied it, i've never watched Youtube clips of it, I've never read about it, so I cannot speak for or against it as an art in any way. But I've studied enough things, and I've seen enough things to be able to say with much confidence and much sincerity that NO ART, including KM, holds the monopoly on nasty, brutal, destructive, deadly, mean, sick, twisted, horrifying, terrifying, psychopathic techniques. You can find that kind of thing in most arts. But again, much of it depends on the approach that the instructor takes, and how the art is taught.

If you are happy with the KM that you've found, then good luck to ya. Hope it is all that you were looking for.

I don't think he's found that KM is as ruthless as he thought since he was complaining on another thread that the KM instructor was ...gasp... a woman (a white one at that)!

I don't think a whit of what we've explained about the difference between an art being ruthless and the person has penetrated even a quarter of an inch into his brain. However I await with lack of interest his next post on his unique approach to MA.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, and then you toss a caber on them!

And then wail on your bagpipes...

that is ruthless!

That's not ruthless...force feeding them haggis is ruthless...

Mind you, I never dislkiked the stuff myself, but still....as Mike Myers said in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"...Scottish cuisine is based mostly on a dare :D

I kid 'cause I love.

Peace,
Erik

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not ruthless...force feeding them haggis is ruthless...

Mind you, I never dislkiked the stuff myself, but still....as Mike Myers said in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"...Scottish cuisine is based mostly on a dare :D

I kid 'cause I love.

Peace,
Erik

Deep fried Mars bars anyone?

CHAOS

White Belt
Reaction score
I think what you are looking for is a system that teaches "real world" techniques and principals. Most systems that are publicly taught are "commercialized" and focus on how long they can keep you interested and paying. Or, they are worried about offending little Johnny's Mom, and losing him as a student. If you want to be able to defend yourself and use your training in the real world, in a law enforcement capacity, or on a modern battlefield, you need a system that utilizes off balancing, triangulation, and generation of power for strikes. You cannot find everthing you need in one "style". But, you will need to find a system that fits your body structure, and abilities, and stick with it for an extended period of time. In my 24 years of training I have seen a few systems that are great base systems for what you are looking for. Aiki-jitsu, Ken jitsu, Systema, Krav Maga, and Gung-Fu are just a few. I recomend these only because they use body mechanics, not just flashy moves, in their techniques. If an instructor cannot use a "Grays Anatomy" book to show you why you are doing a technique, it's probably a useless art.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what you are looking for is a system that teaches "real world" techniques and principals. Most systems that are publicly taught are "commercialized" and focus on how long they can keep you interested and paying. Or, they are worried about offending little Johnny's Mom, and losing him as a student. If you want to be able to defend yourself and use your training in the real world, in a law enforcement capacity, or on a modern battlefield, you need a system that utilizes off balancing, triangulation, and generation of power for strikes. You cannot find everthing you need in one "style". But, you will need to find a system that fits your body structure, and abilities, and stick with it for an extended period of time. In my 24 years of training I have seen a few systems that are great base systems for what you are looking for. Aiki-jitsu, Ken jitsu, Systema, Krav Maga, and Gung-Fu are just a few. I recomend these only because they use body mechanics, not just flashy moves, in their techniques. If an instructor cannot use a "Grays Anatomy" book to show you why you are doing a technique, it's probably a useless art.

Going on all the previous posts by the OP what he wants is a 'deadly' art only taught by white straight men.

Reaction score
Going on all the previous posts by the OP what he wants is a 'deadly' art only taught by white straight men.
But didn't they cause the economic collapse? Especially the blonde, blue eyed ones.

And it can't be kung fu!
Nah, Kung-Fu is fine, as long as the instructor isn't too non-White. David Carradine is good but no Bruce Lees please.

This is so off topic but I'm just gonna have to go with the flow. The question has been answered and I hope someone has learnt something somewhere.

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Krav maga can be as ruthless as any other, it depends upon what techniques you use. There are kill blows and there are those that merely stun your opponent. And I did pass level one some years ago, so I do know a little about this (Very little, granted, but still a valid little amount.)

While any martial art can be used ruthlessly, certainly some are more offensive oriented than defensive oriented. There are almost no blocks at all in American Combato, the philosophy is attack the attacker. You don't really react in any defensive way to an attack, but rather counter attack, looking for the opening and doing what needs to be done efficiently to stop the attack. This could even include killing the attacker if the attack upon you warranted such a drastic action.

Than there are forms like aikido that are primarily defensive forms. The philosophy is more like "If you have to fight you have already lost" (This was told to me by an aikido practitioner) or the "in aikido you seek to be neither victor or victim" Told to me by somebody who didn't particularly like aikido. But even in aikido, it could be used ruthlessly, if the attack upon the aikido practitoner was powerful enough, the ensuing throw by the aikido practitioner might indeed kill the attacker especially if the attacker landed on his head on concrete. And I was told by a friend who studied both judo and aikido that aikido throws are harder than judo throws.

In summation, I am in agreement that any art can be used ruthlessly depending on the martial artist employing it. My only point really is that some are more ruthless, or at the very least, more offensive minded than others in philosophy. And I'm sure all are equally valid depending on the skill of the practitioner...

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you are looking for something with just ruthlessness in mind then you have a long road ahead my friend.
You cannot teach people to be ruthless... it is a path one has to choose themselves. Then again, you cannot be ruthless if you are not assertive and decisive. If you are not instincitvely ready to act on a moments notice you cannot be ruthless. Part of being professional...part of setting ourselves apart from evil is the ability to control our actions and the ability to take the just and righteous path. You cannot be truly righteously ruthless without a sound mind and body. Same reason they dont put a live firearm in the hands of a SEAL canidate on the first day of BUDS.

Latest Discussions