What book are you currently reading?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just started reading 'No Easy Day' by Mark Owen, Navy Seal.
Also, just got 'The Mustard Seed Way' by Katrina Mayer in the mail today from Amazon.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just finished rereading the last two of W.E.B. Griffin's Presidential Agent series in preparation for the new one which comes out the end of the year. Just starting Tom Clancy's last book :(

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just finished Daughter of the Sword and Year of the Demon by Steve Bein. Detective/samurai fiction interlaced with a cool female protagonist. The author is a martial artist himself who lived in Japan for a time. Recommended.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished Christopher Hitchens' Love, Poverty, and War: Journeys and Essays and started reading my Christmas gift from a good friend, An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist, Richard Dawkins memoir.

The Hitchens' essays were mostly fascinating. Some of them were reviews of books I hadn't read and weren't that interesting. But, the historical and biographical essays were really good and some quite intriguing. I'm going to search out more works by Hitchens.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
On one hand, Gettysburg: The Last Invasion (Allen C. Guelzo). On the other, Fledgling (Sharon Lee & Steve Miller). And on another hand, Arresting Communication by Jim Glennon.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey jks9199, Let me know what you think of Arresting Communication once you have finished, would ya?

Regards
Brian King

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually a re-read. It's good. Written well, without a lot of psychological/scholarly gobbledyspeak. Lots of practical information and tools that you can walk away with -- and some fun stories.

I've met Jim Glennon. He's a good guy -- and the book reads a lot like him teaching a class.

HammockRider

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm reading The Way West, a Pulitzer prize winning novel about settlers on the Oregon Trail written by A.B. Guthrie Jr. It's a good'un!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished Christopher Hitchens' Love, Poverty, and War: Journeys and Essays and started reading my Christmas gift from a good friend, An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist, Richard Dawkins memoir.

The Hitchens' essays were mostly fascinating. Some of them were reviews of books I hadn't read and weren't that interesting. But, the historical and biographical essays were really good and some quite intriguing. I'm going to search out more works by Hitchens.

From the library I checked out Arguably from Hitchens. I'm just a few essays in and have found some duplication from Love, Poverty, and War.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just finished Whitehead, Separation of College and State, and started John Keegan, The Price of Admiralty.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Live Fast, Die Young - the Life and Times of Harry Greb" by S.L. Compton.

Greb was a boxer from the roaring twenties. Widely considered one of the ten best of all time. It's an in depth, crammed full 600+ page book. But the printing could be larger and the sentences are spaced too close. But a great read (so far) for those interested in that era of boxing.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to rather than reading, I have a daily 1.5 hour drive to work each way.

Star Force Series by B.V Larson. (8 Book Series)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I checked out a couple more books by Hitchens. I finished Mortality, which was a short but sobering read about him dealing with esophageal cancer and now I'm on to his memoir, Hitch-22.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just started Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. Wondering if I should have read Lolita first. Oh well. Maybe I'll read it later.

Latest Discussions