what an extended weekend!

W

warriorsage

Just wrapped up an extended dream kenpo weekend. Started off with a short visit to Larry Tatum's school Saturday morning to say "Hi" and purchase a few videos.

Then a 3 hour workout with Clyde at the local park. He's so damn tough that when I "accidentally" blasted him in the jaw with an wild elbow, I was the one walking away injured. His knowledge is only exceeded by his passion, enthusiasm and masochistic streak. Wait till you see our ideas on series of internet kenpo short video clips.

Monday it was off to Costa Mesa for a laser demo, which just so happens was only a couple of miles from Bob White's Karate Studio. As usal, Mr. White greeted me with open arms and made me feel like a 10th degree BB. Worked out briefly with Vishal, who shared his knowledge and powerful hooking heel kicks with me.

Then on my way home stopped by Chuck Sullivan's Monday night class at his house to say "Howdy" and was treated to several stories about days gone by and those ahead. Then Vic LeRoux stopped by and dropped the IKCA Freestyle tapes in my lap to make the 3-day stint complete.

Man, this must be what life would be like if I was independently wealthy. Incidentally, I've attached a picture of a little goodie the laser folks cut out for me as a sample. It's amazing what you can get for free when someone's trying to sell you a toy with a $20,000 price tag.

Salute!

Attachments

• $dcp_0444.jpg
    $dcp_0444.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 193
OP
K

Kirk

Kewl story! Sounds like my kinda weekend.
Very cool universal symbol!

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by warriorsage
Just wrapped up an extended dream kenpo weekend. Started off with a short visit to Larry Tatum's school Saturday morning to say "Hi" and purchase a few videos.

Then a 3 hour workout with Clyde at the local park. He's so damn tough that when I "accidentally" blasted him in the jaw with an wild elbow, I was the one walking away injured. His knowledge is only exceeded by his passion, enthusiasm and masochistic streak. Wait till you see our ideas on series of internet kenpo short video clips.

Salute!

Just glad you enjoyed yourself, your motivation is always keeping me on my toes (rubbing jaw while typing LOL). Hope I didn't bruise your arm too much.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a life! Did anyone go to Zack's seminar at Bob Liles' school? Dian Tanaka was picking him up at the airport in San Jose to head over to Sacramento when Mr. Sepulveda was picking up one of our guys to go to Camp.

Rocking weekend around the country it sounds like.

Oss,
-Michael

Latest Discussions