What about han moo do?

jkn75

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Han Mu Do site is finally up and running again. You can find it here. I give it a thumbs up. It is very well done with thorough history and philosophy sections. :)

OP
P

pknox

Very well done. I often sent people to www.hanmudo.org (Han Mu Do Europe) when they were looking for info on Dr. Kimm's art. From now on, I will definitely send them to the .com address instead.

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Folks:

".......As far as I know,there has already been some messing around with hapkido,it´s various styles and "new styles" to branch out of it like HJM.I have the idea that HMD was influenced by hapkido too....."

Han Mu Do is the construction of Dr He-Young Kimm based on his experience with many of the folks who brought you the Hapkido arts. Like any new construction he has had his detractors. Some people think it was rather arrogant to organize his own art, and develop his own forms. For myself, I would probably agree were it not for the fact that Dr. Kimm is one of the premier authorities on Korean Martial Arts and Science and so has a bit more credibility than the local TKD school that decides to stir-in some Judo to their curriculum. By way of extension I have heard nothing but good things from people who have trained in his system, both about the system and Dr. Kimm himself. Hard to argue with someone who knows what hes' doing, yes?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Latest Discussions