Westboro Baptist Church to Picket at Slayer Guitarist's Funeral

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.nme.com/news/slayer/70129

The Westboro Parish Church has announced that they plan to protest the funeral of Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman.

I think the best counter picket ever would be to blast various Slayer songs until their ears bled. Which would you pick? Post them below.

This might very well be the most metal ironic moment in history.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I found the song that I would blast at 140 decibels and mosh on a pentagram at the counter rally.

God Hates ****? No. God Hates America? Wrong again! God Hates Us All?

:bangahead:

Last edited by a moderator:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
$Slayer-Westboro-Baptist-Church-604x518.jpg:lfao:

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

That is a great meme. I've been to four Slayer concerts, back in my long hair days. At one concert, the booking agents had the bright idea to book Slayer at a venue with bolted down iron seats. After the first song, the chairs were either ripped out or smashed down flat by the pit. Imagine if a mosh pit broke out on national tv with the Westboro guys surrounded by bunch of skinheads. Those signs that they hold would become interesting projectiles in the hands of Slayer fans.

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody else think that these slayer fans may sacrifice them in a mock satanic ritual? Not because they're actually satanic, but rather because they are tired of WBC's crap and it would be Metal.

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Heh. But it seems to me that they say they'll picket a lot more funerals than they actually do these days. I think they're just holding virtual pickets via Internet.

Personally it seems like they are struggling to stay relevant and in the news. Obviously most people ignore them and just like any good trolls, that makes them hopping mad.
They saw a target opportunity here and went for it. It's rather sad actually. And rather dangerous for them as well. It's one thing to picket grief stricken families who are angry, but won't do anything because they know it makes them just as wrong, and it does a major dishonor to their fallen friend or family member to assault an idiot at their funeral.
It is quite another to picket a service full of drunk and angry metal heads. If they do indeed show up, I would not be surprised to see a riot full of lots and lots of injured WBC members. This is not a good idea, all jokes aside. It is a powder keg waiting for an ignition source.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, it might put an end to the 'church' as we know it.

But while the old man is 100% screwed in the brain...he ain't dumb either.

Latest Discussions