Well, I Finally Did It

OP
Puppage

Puppage

White Belt
Reaction score
First class down! Along with several Advil. Lol. What a blast. The instructor and the other students were awesome. I am SOOOO hooked! Why didn’t you nice people tell me about this years ago?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First class down! Along with several Advil. Lol. What a blast. The instructor and the other students were awesome. I am SOOOO hooked! Why didn’t you nice people tell me about this years ago?
youve been to a class? im envious, where in the world are you where this is possible?
that hat say Texas!

Tai Mantis Warrior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I start Krav Maga on Monday morning. Excited, but a bit nervous at 58 years of age. What was your first class like? Did you feel 5he same?

I’ll never forget my first class of taekwondo.. it was very early on in my martial arts journey. I was sore all the the time for the first six months.. In KM you picked a great art, my only suggestion would be to take it very easy and slow, especially at first as you get back into training.

Be careful about your stretching, don’t pull anything, and one of the most important skills you will learn is how to avoid injury so you can continue training and not give up on your art.

Best of luck with your training, and let us know how you’re enjoying your first lessons!

OP
Puppage

Puppage

White Belt
Reaction score
Completely agree, Tai.
Just came back from class #2. I had more stamina than Monday, and I am sure I’ll have more on Friday. I stretched for 20 minutes this morning and it certainly helped.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Completely agree, Tai.
Just came back from class #2. I had more stamina than Monday, and I am sure I’ll have more on Friday. I stretched for 20 minutes this morning and it certainly helped.
Warming up and stretching before class is probably the smartest thing you could do.

Tai Mantis Warrior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Warming up and stretching before class is probably the smartest thing you could do.

Absolutely.. for stretching and getting to the splits, I do strongly recommend the Anderson method.
Another recommendation would be to do a lot of stretching on your own.. wish i had done at least 3 months of that before I started intense training.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions